Chapter Eleven

Chapter Eleven -

Pretty much after that was said I became a mute. My words didn’t come out and my brain wasn’t even working. As a matter of fact-walking out of the club I bumped into many people out of shock.  He loved me. What has this world come to?  Since when did divorced-fathers start loving their children’s friends?

“Nate-Holy shit man it stinks in here” Carson’s hand slammed over his nose protecting it from the pungent smell of last night’s alcohol. I thought drinking more would surely help me with the answers? No…I started singing to the television about how confused I was. Thankfully no one was home.

Carson mounted my dirty washing to get over to my window which he flew the curtains open for and rammed the windows open. Gasping for air before he looked over to me with a scowl.

“Do you not have any worry for your body at all? A couple of days ago you fainted because you were dehydrated. Adding all this alcohol to your system will not help and Laken said he hasn’t seen you at the gym so now you’re going to sit here and develop a beer-belly” he lectured.

Sitting up on my bed I ruffled my greasy hair feeling a little light-headed. “Look, your life is perfect. Fuck off out of mine and leave me to wallow away” I demanded. He looked at me emotionlessly before walking over to stand beside me then held out his hand.

I raised a brow then slid my hand into his and he pulled hard making me fly off the bed and onto the wooden floor face first. Grunting I pushed myself up and gave him a murderous glare.

“Oops. Come on hobo, let’s see if you can land a punch on me” he teased. I was on my feet immediately which made him dash out of the room but I followed. We ran around and around the building until finally the alcohol consistency got to me and I was out of breath soon whilst Carson was still jogging as I sat down.

“See what I mean, beer-belly” he pouted pissing me off further.  ‘If only he knew’ I kept muttering to myself.

“Go shower, we’re going out” Carson said looking at his phone. I whined not wanting to move, “Do you really want me to drag you there?” he asked and I scoffed getting to my paining feet which I heaved across the floor to the bathroom.

-

I found myself staring at my phone the entire morning and afternoon. One side of me was pissed that I was waiting on some guy to phone or text me yet the other half of me was swooning at this man who I had the most passionate of kisses with and then had a confession from.

In my past I have had quite a few girlfriends who I didn’t really qualify as ‘girlfriends’. They were in it for the fame of being with one of the lads from the rugby team and other than that it was sex. Not once have I been told that they loved me but I somewhat didn’t care but now my whole body was tingly in anticipation.

‘I want to prove that I love you’ his words ran through my mind as I clutched my phone tighter. How was he going to prove it to me…