Chapter Two-

Bite me.

I sat anxiously on the edge of my chair picking at the edges of my long sleeves. I felt so out of place. I looked left to see a couple of men and women minding their own businesses, they were well groomed and ready for any question that the 'big man' shouted at them. I found myself tapping my converse on the floor working myself up even more.

I looked up at the clock and watched the hours pass by. I looked around at half four to see me left, the last for the interview. Great.

"Nathan Brice?", I perked up when I heard my name and shot up from my seat and nodded frantically to the woman feeling like a bobble-head. She gestured down the hall and I followed her instructions rushing down and finally stopped when reaching the 'Mitch Mays, CEO of Mays enterprise' door. I knocked and after a couple of seconds,

"Enter"

I could hear my pulse through my ears and trembled as I reached for the door handle and finally sobering up and I opened the door. The coldness hit me sending shivers up my spine.

"Nathan, it's been awhile."

I blushed nodding and shut the door behind me before shuffling over and taking a seat in front of his desk. Carson's dad scanned me over before standing up and tugging on his tie so it loosened around his neck. He cocked his head as I examined his tanned skin. He popped the top button of his shirt and walked round and leant against the front of his desk. I flushed at the way he looked at me.

"D-don't you have to ask me ...questions?" I stuttered which caused his well-kept eyebrow to arch.

"I already know you won't have any answers for them"

I scoffed and crossed my arms leaning back in the chair.

"Hit me"

He chuckled running a hand through his hair before situating his hands on the rim of the dark wooded desk. "Mr Brice, do you have any experience in finance?"

My heart stopped and I mentally groaned...maths ain't my thing.

"Sure" I replied then his mouth formed a 'o' shape and he grabbed some paperwork and dumped it on my lap.

"Daily income and outcome for the business."

I looked at it all, colourful graph...lots of technical numbers and words I don't even know.

"Alright, so I'm a dumbass. Might as well just leave" I turned to leave but he caught my forearm, I looked over my shoulder at him and he pulled me close so my hands were gently set on his chest.

"I knew you weren't qualified for that job. That's why I have another already set" he informed me and my eyes widened.

"You can run fast, you are good in an argument and you have a pretty face" he announced.

"What job applies my amazing qualities to it?" I asked leaning in, he did to then went to my ear.

"My personal secretary" he announced and I pushed away my jaw hitting the floor.

"What" I barked and he smirked.

"You can run fast to the coffee shop and if they're taking too long you can argue it out ushering them along and you have a pretty face for my benefit" he explained.

"I hate you" I muttered and turned away from him.

"2,000 a month" I stopped dead in my tracks. "Seriously" I gasped.

He nodded, "We're not a poor company Nathan and for a nineteen year old you'll be living the dream"

I frowned, "All I do everyday is fetch you coffee?" I asked and he scoffed.