C H A P T E R | 2

____________________________________________________
· · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · ·

After my little escape from the clutches of the moron, I ventured off into the school library, surrounded by a peaceful silence. When I sat down in one of the corners of the room, my mind replayed the events of everything that had happened last week.

How everything went so wrong, and while I seemed strong and unfazed by the events that did take place, deep down, I hid the sadness I felt when I walked in on what I saw.

I remember it all so clearly.

The walking and entering the party with a feeling that something was going to happen, to climbing the staircase on the search for Sean. I didn't know what it was, but subconsciously, I had some hunch that things were going to be too good for the truth.

Originally, I didn't intend to go to the party. I told Sean no when he asked his invisible 'girlfriend' the obligated question, and he was secretly relieved by my expected response. I knew it then and I know it now.

I mean, I wasn't popular and would've probably cramped his style in his head. However, I had changed my mind last minute without chance to let him know. So Sean hadn't expected me to show up and literally walk in on his lying ass.

Last Friday.
"Hi," I greeted the Indian guy whose name I forgot. He slowly looked my way with a frown on his face, his eyes scanning me.

"Do I know you?" He asked.

I would have been offended, but I wasn't. After all, we were from two separate social categories and groups that didn't mix. That's why you don't see rich people associating with poor people. The same counted in school with the social kids and the awkward, anti-socials like myself.

"No, but I'm looking for Sean." The one thing I feared was gaining attention from associating with Sean, but somehow, people still overlooked me.

Perhaps due to the fact that Sean and I didn't really sit together at Lunch, although he had invited me to be at his table, I knew deep down he was even hoping I would say no, which was my typical response.

"Oh, uh, I think he went upstairs." The guy said.

"Thank you." I nodded at him. He nodded back and turned back around to finish listening to his friend.

I travelled towards the staircase, only to bump into a figure. I didn't pay much attention to the tall male I bumped into as I took a step back, mumbling a quick "sorry" before going around them. I felt like they were still watching me go up the stairs, but I didn't care about them, I was wanting to see Sean.

Worry was running through my mind at the thought of what he could be doing, but I shrugged the feeling away in a false hope to be wrong.

"Oh sorry," I mumbled as a couple in one of the bedrooms stopped their heavy make-out session and looked over to my intrusion. I closed the door quickly, hearing the girl giggle and I shook my head.

Reaching another door, my hand paused in the air when I heard a female moan. I was about to walk away, until I heard a male groan of pleasure, the male saying some words that sounded awfully familiar.

I blinked, knowing what was happening in the room separated by the door between us, however, curiosity and a seek of finding an answer overcame me.