C H A P T E R | 5

____________________________________________________
· · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · ·

"Savannah," A voice called out for me. A hideous voice. The speed of my steps increased. I was not seeking a conversation with him. Not now. Not ever. "Savannah!!" The voice was closer. It was a shame the school hallways were this empty, maybe if it had been more crowded, he would have not managed to spot me. Better yet, catch up to me. My body was spun around by a grip on my arms, leaving me with no choice but to stare up into the green eyes that belonged to a complete prick.

"Why are you so insistent to correct your wrong doings, Sean?" I sighed out, running my free hand through my brown, thick wavy hair. I never knew why wavy hair was wanted. Curly I'd understand, but flat and wavy? It's difficult to brush the kinks out at the best of times, let alone making it have volume.

"Because I want us to be together again." Or perhaps what he really meant behind those "nice words" were 'I want you again so I can fuck you. Make a joke out of you. Potentially laugh about you with my mates.' I'm not falling for his trap. He would only do it over and over again if I did show forgiveness, which would be a sign of weakness.

"Well, you didn't consider us when we were together, considering you were awfully busy. So don't lie to me or yourself." I told him firmly. His grip tightened.

It's nearly been two weeks of arranged seating with the other moron, snide, lovely comments and a desperate, chasing Sean.

"Ugh, get over it baby! That was one fucking mistake! I took your virgintiy, doesn't that mean shit to you? Why the fuck you so mad for, huh? Why can't you get over it and realise we are meant to be? You're anti-social and not known, but look, I don't mind, not anymore baby." Prick. Prick. Prick. Prick. "So, I made one mistake, but making it made me realise just how lucky I was to have you. I like you so much, who cares if I did that with another girl. Then we weren't even serious, but now I'm ready to be."

Was he hearing himself? What type of delusion...We weren't serious then? We dated for an entire month, in secret, but it still classified as dating! How is that not the definition of serious? In fact, that tells me he probably cheated on me more than once. I had so much to say to him, but instead, I decided to not waste my breath.

"Your time to be serious, is my time to be free. Goodbye Sean," For some reason, I thought it would be a good idea to also step on his foot. To add a nice little touch to my exit? On my part, it did make his hold on me loosen enough for me to walk away from his grunting self.

Due to the ignorant fool, I was late to class, with everyone staring up at me like I was trying to sell them a single onion.

"Care to explain why you come late and interrupt my class?" Mr. Humphrey asked. I blinked at his bald head, thick wooly jumper and chubby hands. I didn't care about being late but I did care to avoid trouble, so I thought over a good excuse.

"Painful cramps." His face grimaced like he himself understood, and he nodded. My usual seat was occupied by a boy named Nathan, who intentionally smiled up at me with victory. I narrowed my eyes at him before looking away in frustration. He always fought me for that seat. Probably because it was next to a girl named Sandy, who was in fairness, very beautiful. Not like he had any chance to begin with.

There was only one available seat, right at the back of the room, and my face morphed into one of annoyance when I noticed who it was beside. How did I forget that he happened to also share this class with me? Phoenix was too busy on his phone, barely bothering to notice anyone else aside from the glowing device in his hands.