C H A P T E R | 6

____________________________________________________
· · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · ·

"You've been staring at me a lot."

I jumped, whirling around with an alcoholic beverage in my hand to see him leaning against the wall beside a pot plant. The poor plant was now being used as a holder for unwanted empty drinks. It was already a week later and nothing had changed or improved between us. We still bickered and he still behaved like a pesky tormentor. In fact, nothing was different, as expected.

All I'll say is, seeing Phoenix here was a whole lot better than bumping into Sean.

"How can I stare at you when my back was to you? Idiot!" I gritted out, glaring. That was uncalled for since he really didn't say anything wrong, but he was an idiot and I was acting defensive.

Defensive because he was speaking the truth. Lately, I've been looking at him a lot during school and I can't understand why. Even earlier when I first entered the party, part of me was annoyed when my eyes landed on him talking to his friends. I mean, I don't want to see his face, it brings me anger and yet, I couldn't move my eyes away when his landed on me. I felt irked when he scanned me up and down, but more at myself for being okay with his wandering, approving eyes taking me in.

"Oo," He muttered with wide eyes and a mocking tone. Rolling them, he leant back against the wall and adjusted himself so his foot was no longer pressed against it. "I'm surprised a prude like you is here."

"I'd say I'm surprised you're here but that's not true." That was an awful comeback. I huffed, crossing my arms and glancing around in hopes to find Ivary.

He boyishly grinned. "Yeah? Good, after all, I am social and known, plus wanted and missed. Something you wouldn't know about." He was quick with his comebacks.

I snapped my head back in his direction, away from watching the twerking dancers stealing much attention. "You're a dickhead!" What a prick.

"Oh babe, don't be rude, please. It's not nice for a goodie two shoes to have such a defiant, nasty attitude."

"It's not nice that you're breathing but you still do it." 

"Wow," What was was meant to spite him only amused him. That was obvious by his mischievous expression. "A bad taste in attitude is expected from you but this is surprising," He slyly grinned, adding, "Was it something I mentioned? Can't keep your eyes off me?"

Why am I even wasting my time? With a final glare, I walked off and heard him laugh from the spot I left him in. My cheeks were probably flushed, but I'll say it's just the alcohol. I will admit, I expected being forced to sit beside him would've made me hate him even more, like the very beginning a good few weeks back, but lately I've tolerated him a lot better. It's as surprising as me admitting that I'm tolerating being here, at this party.

"There you are!" I marched up to Ivary, who was grinning ear to ear and texting on the phone. She caught sight of me and smiled.

"Yo!" She nodded in greeting, breaking into a small grin. Her teeth were perfect. "Having fun?"

"Unfortunately," I admitted.

Indeed I was. I wanted to say I wasn't but that was a lie. She grinned in victory, clapping her hands together. "Fuck I need a drink after seeing that shit," What? I followed her line of sight and looked over my shoulder. My body stilled. Sean. Melody. Lips locked. Making out. "And you need one too."