6 - Chat Noir

Chat Noir dashed through Paris, leaping off roof to roof to where he sensed the danger was.

Where he saw the random objects being hurled everywhere by some unknown force.

He hoped that Ladybug was already there, keeping the people from harm and taking care of the bad guy. Just the thought of her made him quicken his pace.

He wouldn't let her shoulder it all. And he wouldn't let anyone hurt her. Even though he knew for a fact that Ladybug can manage this all by herself, considering how many times she saved his skin.

Chat Noir shook his head, keeping thoughts straight as he accelerated his pace further.

They were a team, Ladybug said it once.

He would never leave her side just because of some selfish jealousy over her always saving the day and not him.

They're a team. They're partners. They're in this together. Nothing more nothing less.

But his feelings for her were beyond that.

The commotion was in Rue de la Roquette, just by Bastille Square. He stood on the roof, looking at the scene before him.

The villain was a baseball player. He wore this normal baseball jersey and pants but the colors were a bright yellow and black pants.

His skin was a shade of blue and he wore a yellow baseball cap but Chat Noir can see that below the bill of his cap, he wore a mask in a shape of a butterfly.

Another victim of Hawk Moth.

The man held a black and white baseball bat, probably where the akuma was hiding. Because when he saw the man lift another car, he threw it up in the air and swung his bat, hitting the vehicle.

"Nothings going to stop me from my home runs!" The man exclaimed, his voice hoarse but booming.

Just like how a batter hits a baseball to a home run, the man sent the car hurling like it was a plain baseball.

Chat Noir looked to where it was aimed and saw Ladybug, whirling her yoyo fast to the point where it turned into a revolving wheel of glowing red.

He acted immediately. With intense speed like a cat's, he dashed forth to where Ladybug was.

He bounded off the building and grabbed her, pushing her out of the way along with him before the vehicle could hit them.

The spot where she stood lately was now terrorized by the smoking vehicle.

"Maybe we should call him the Batterfly?" Chat Noir smirked, helping Ladybug as they stood up facing the villain.

"Well you 'batter' help me and do something before he turn Paris into his baseball field" Ladybug said, glaring at the man as he lifts a bench.

"We should finish this right off the bat!" Chat Noir said which made Ladybug sigh, trying to get used to the cat man's puns.

"Distract him"

"On it" Chat Noir pulled out his staff and extended it, charging at the man as he batted the bench. This time it was aimed at him.

Chat Noir swung his staff in time and once it made contact with the bench, he sent it shooting off to the opposite direction.

Unfortunately, the man dodged it and managed to grab another car nearby in the process. He threw it up and batted it at Chat Noir.

"Whoa!" Taken aback, Chat Noir tried batting it back but failed as the vehicle was too heavy.