12 - Travis

"Oh, wow! They have everything here!" Travis said, rifling through the variety of clothes hung and displayed everywhere.

Earlier, Adrien gave her a small piece of paper and written in a neat handwriting were the shops reccomended for her.

It was a Monday and Adrien has school. Travis and Tria joined in, dropping off Adrien before heading to the shops.

Travis peered out of the window, leaning across the blond, her nose almost touching the window.

"Adrien, this is your school?" She asked once they halted in front. Staring at the broad, yellow brick building with a blue roof, seeing the students lingering at the steps chatting and laughing she, felt a strange yearning.

Yearning to belong in one school, to make friends, to be in a class with all kinds of people. To experience class trips, projects, to learn and see more than what she does inside her caging mansion.

"Yup" Adrien chuckled "See you later! Have fun shopping" Travis scooted back as he opened the door to leave. He waved at her and she smiled faintly.

As he stepped out of the car, she scooted further away until she was pressed to Tria. Afraid that people might see her and get the wrong idea about Adrien.

Adrien gave her one last smile before closing the door shut. That's when Travis scooted back to the window.

She watched as Adrien go up the steps, a guy with a cap and glasses greeting him and a blonde girl fawning over him as she approached.

Evidently, all of student's eyes were on him as he entered the building with his friends, smiling and laughing.

She watched a scene she'll never experience herself go small until it was out of sight as the car drove away.

★★★

"Whoa, Tria, look at this!" Travis held up a denim jeans that's ripped around the edges. She took a look at it, chuckling "If Mom saw me wearing this she'll flip"

After checking the size and price, she stuffed it in the basket, filled with mostly jeans and shirts, that hung on her elbow.

Tria chuckled, shaking her head "Oh Mrs. Lefévre might fire me for this"

"Nah I won't let her"

The shops in the list left her in awe seeing all the different kind of clothes in one shop unlike her mother's botique (which was filled with only dresses, heels, blouses, et cetera in elaborate designs and prices that's enough to make an average person faint, mind you)

These shops has everything. Jeans, long-sleeves, shirts in many colors and varieties of style. Travis found herself scampering everywhere in excitement, even buying Tria a simple peach sweater.

The place she was in right now has a calm, vintage-themed design with its light cream fleur de lis wallpaper, floral pattern framed mirrors in the fitting room and wooden corduroy chairs nestled in every corner.

The old French songs singing from their record player was enough to make her feel relaxed and at home.

When they stepped out of the shop, Travis was smiling all the way. They took their sweet time in last four shops that they didn't notice time has passed.

It was already past one in the afternoon and that was their last shop. Tria followed Travis as she walked briskly on the bricked streets with the cafés and people everywhere.

She was happy to be out again. To be able to breathe the fresh Parisian air and to be able to blend in with people.

For an instant, she felt like herself. Not the girl from a rich family, not the girl who's stuck in an engagement. But the girl prancing around in the busy streets of downtown Paris, wallowing in her freedom and euphoria.

Once they were out of the crowds, Travis chuckled to herself as she closed her eyes before opening up her arms and doing a twirl whilst walking.

"Free at last—oh"

She bumped into someone and when she opened her eyes, she locked gaze with green ones from a familiar blond boy.

"Adrien!"