:: Attempt 15 | Impostor ::

"It's coming undone, this world that I made,
I feel it descending now.
The place that I run, or what I run from,
The boundary begins to fade.

"Every word's a trap to your lies;
Every life you try to save dies.
You hold the truth like a knife,
You couldn't leave it behind."
- "Impostor" by RED

x + x

There is always a split-second of calm when you see everything; a brief vision of predictability.

Everything appears to be laid out in slow motion, offering the chance to view even the smallest detail: the glint within the opponent's eyes, the shift in footwork, even the slightest intake of breath.

She's known to take advantage of such situations. It's been ingrained into her training, after all—the art of observation, enough so she can conceive a reliable path to completing her mission.

Now, however, in the presence of an inhuman being; in the moment she propells herself into the air, she sees nothing else other than her face, her smile.

Blood trickles from smiling lips, from the bullet hole lodged in her chest. The light—once so bright and exuberant—dims in her brown eyes, and yet she still smiles.

Her mother smiles as she falls to her knees, and a tear skims her cheek. There is a scream—and she realizes it's from herself just as the trigger is pulled once again.

She narrows her eyes, swinging her blade down to be joined with its twin in the middle of its descent. The creature wobbles backwards, a strange vocalization escaping its wide mouth.

"N-nuyaaa—?!?"

She spins, twisting sharply on her heel as soon as she lands upon the balls of her feet, aiming for the crescent-shaped moon upon its necktie. (The irony of the design doesn't fail to strike her dulled sense of humor, but she doesn't laugh, opting for a devilish smirk in its stead.)

It swerves to the side at an impressive speed, dodging each of her strikes with a peculiar ease.

Scarlet tinges her vision as she strikes with a roundhouse kick to its yellow blob of a head, her skirt flying up at the motion. Aoi can care less; all that matters is this—this abomination's death, and she's sure as hell going to be true to her mission.

'I am the huntress. I am one of the Sibyl's blades. To kill and to conquer—that is my vow.

'None of my prey is allowed to survive.'

If she fails, she will die. The Head doesn't need rusted tools in his arsenal. That is the truth she's been reminded of all too well.

If she fails and she dies... Well, her usefulness has come to an end then, no?

She shakes her head, clearing her mind of useless thoughts. There is no use for if's and maybe's. She adjusts her grip upon the weapons' respective hilts, throwing herself to the side to avoid a frantic copy.