Not so normal day

So if y'all have been wondering what I've been up to, lots of school and college stuff going on. It's been like a year since I published Kavi and now I'm ready to start a new, not just a one shot, book. Can't promise everyday updates but I hope you guys keep up and enjoy!
.
.
*Third person POV*
Avi Kaplan went on with his day like usual, errands, Kevin's house, then coffee. He sat at his regular table and decided to get some work done on his computer. When he was about half way done with his coffee a girl walked up to him and peered over his shoulder without him knowing.
"What are you doing?"
Avi jumped a little at the sudden voice in his ear.
"Uhh, I'm just working on some things I need to get done."
"What's your favorite smell?"
"What?"
"What's your favorite smell?"
"... Um, coffee I guess."
"Oh me too, I like to come here everyday and smell the fresh coffee."
"That's nice..."
Avi looked down and noticed what this girl was wearing. She had on loose jeans with holes in them and she didn't have any shoes on. Although it was warm outside he still wondered why she didn't have any.
"If you don't mind me asking... Why don't you have any shoes on?"
"I don't have any that fit me very well, so I don't wear them."
"Oh, I'm sorry."
Avi went back to his computer thinking the girl would leave, but he was wrong. She sat down across from him and looked at him. Avi glanced up to see her smiling at him with her arms folded across the table.
"What's your name?"
"Avi.."
"Oh I like that, I've never heard a name like that before."
"Thanks, what's your name?"
"I'm Kirstin, or Kirstie."
"That's a beautiful name  Kirstie. Would you... Like me to buy you some shoes that fit?"
"You would do that? Why?"
"Well, you seem like a nice girl and I have plenty of money to spare."
"Wow, I don't have any money to spare. I barely have any money anyway."
"What? Why?"
"My mom took it all."
"Oh, have you talked to her about it?"
"I haven't talked to my mom since I was 11."
"I'm so sorry.. I didn't know."
"It's ok, she didn't die. She left after she hit me one time and never came back. She always drank this nasty stuff and acted funny. So I don't mind."
"She... Hit you?"
"Yup, only once."
"What about your dad?"
"I never met him... I wonder if my mom went to find him..."
"Im sorry."
"Why do you keep saying that?"
"I just feel bad."
"Hm, ok."
Avi really did feel bad for her. She was basically poor, didn't have a family and probably didn't have many friends considering she was sitting around a coffee shop all the time.
"Alright, let's go get some shoes."
Avi took Kirstie's hand and pulled her to his car. When she got in her eyes were wide.
"It's so nice in here. Do you live in here?"
"No no.. I have a house."
"Wow, is it as nice as this?"
"Well... Yeah I guess."
"Can I see that too!?"
"If you want to."
"Yes!"
Avi chuckled and starting driving to a shoe store. They walked in and Kirstie looked around cluelessly.
"Do you know your size?"
"Um.. No."
"That's ok, come here."
Avi led her to a seat and she sat down. He grabbed one of the foot measures and picked up her leg.
"Set your foot in this."
"Kirstie put her foot down and Avi read the measurement."
"...size 6 and a half. You have some small feet."
"Is that bad?"
"No, it's kind of... Adorable."
"What does that mean?"
"What, adorable?"
"Yeah."
"It means cute, or pretty."
"Pretty... My mom called me that before."
"Well your mom was right."
Avi smiled at her and then stood up to find her some shoes.
"Stay here."
Kirstie obeyed and waited until Avi came back. He brought her some bright blue Roshes and she tried them on. They fit perfectly and she fell in love with them. They checked out with Kirstie still wearing the shoes and went back to Avi's car.
"Thanks for the shoes."
"You're welcome."
Kirstie smiled but then it faded when her stomach growled loudly.
"Sorry... It does that a lot."
"Are you hungry?"
She looked over at him and nodded.
"Ok, I can fix that."
Avi drove them to a Wendy's and Avi ordered them some food. They sat down across from each other and Avi started eating.
"Kirstie, what's wrong?
"Nothing... I haven't had a fresh burger in a long time."
"What do you usually eat?"
"There's a soup kitchen by my house that's open sometimes. When it's not open I get food out of the restaurant's dumpster that's by my house. They have some good food."
"You eat... Trash?"
"It's not trash, just food that wasn't eaten."
"That's trash."
"Oh... Then yes."
Avi thought for a while. He couldn't believe such an innocent girl like this had to live like the way she did.
"Kirstie... Can I see where you live?"
"Oh... I don't know... It's not very nice... Definitely not as nice as your car."
"That's ok, I want to know so I can see you more."
"Alright... I guess. But I'm sorry if it doesn't smell good, or if it's cold, or if it's not comfortable-..."
"Kirstie... It's ok, I won't stay long."
They finished eating and Kirstie gave Avi directions to her house. He hadn't recognized the part of town and noticed it didn't look very safe.
"Have you lived here your whole life?"
"No, a few months after my mom left, I got kicked out of our house and used the money she left to buy this house."
"How much money do you have now?"
"I think $500."
"Oh."
Avi got more and more saddened at every answer Kirstie provided. She was poor, she lived in a crappy home in a dangerous part of town, and had no friends. He decided he wanted to change all that.