Dont touch me

Avi woke up the next morning not remembering a thing. He patted the bed beside him hoping Kirstie was there, but it was empty. He opened his eyes and sat up holding his head. He forgot how intense hang overs can be. Avi got out of bed and walked into the kitchen. He grabbed some water and some medicine and looked around for Kirstie. He found her sleeping on the floor still. Of course he was very confused.
"Kirstie, are you awake?"
She didn't answer. He knelt down beside her and gently shook her awake. She turned and saw him.
"What are you-"
"DONT TOUCH ME"
"Kirstie, what are-"
"I SAID DONT TOUCH ME!"
Kirstie scooted quickly away from Avi. He wasn't sure why. She stood up and ran to her room. She grabbed her shoes and stuffed dog and tried to run out of the house. But Avi stopped her. He grabbed her wrist and turned her toward him. She instantly cowered away and tensed.
"Please... Please don't hit me."
"What? I would never do that to you."
"YOU DID LAST NIGHT! YOU LIED... Just like my mom."
"What..."
"Let go of me."
"No."
Kirstie tried to get out of his grasp and he held on tighter. She winced and tears started to fall down her face. Avi saw he was hurting her and let go. He stood as she pushed passed him and walked out the door. He had no idea he hit her, and hurt her.
Scott happened to be in the Starbucks that Kirstie was headed to. She got there really fast after leaving Avi. When she walked in, Scott walked up to her.
"Hey...hey what's the matter?"
He noticed the tear stains and the red mark on her cheek. She replied very quietly.
"He hit me..."
"Who? Avi?"
Kirstie nodded.
"Why did he do that?"
This time she shrugged.
"Sweetie, Avi would never do this on purpose..."
"He did... I got home last night and he asked where I was. I told him I was with you and he didn't remember. He thought I was cheating on him with you. Then he said he hated when I asked questions. But he told me before he loved when I did. Then I asked why his words were so slurred and he yelled at me and called me a bitch. Then I said my mom called me that before she hit me. And he said maybe that's what I needed. He pulled my hair slapped me Scott. He hit me."
"He slapped you? Because he thought you cheated? This is my fault..."
"No it's not.. I probably deserved it."
Kirstie cried harder and leaned into Scotts chest soaking his shirt.
"Kirstie, I'm taking you to talk to him right now."
"NO! I don't want to see him..."
"Did he do anything this morning?"
"No... But when I tried to leave he grabbed my arm hard and hurt me, but then he let go when I started crying."
"We need to go talk to him."
Scott didn't let her reply. He grabbed her hand and put her in his car. They drove back to Avi's house and once again Scott dragged Kirstie by the hand into the house.
"AVI GET IN HERE NOW!"
Avi rushed into the living room looking like a mess. He had tears in his eyes and his hair was very messy.
"Kirstie... Oh my gosh I thought you wouldn't come back again..."
Avi ran up to Kirstie to try to hug her but she stepped behind Scott.
"Avi.. Why did you hit Kirstie?"
"I didn't mean too... I was drunk and I- "
"I don't care if you were drunk, you hit her."
"I know but-"
"You called her a bitch, you didn't trust her, you hurt her Avi!"
"I KNOW, IM SORRY... Kirstie, baby, I'm sorry, I didn't know what I was doing, I love you."
He reached out to grab her hand and she refused.
"Don't touch me."
"Baby please..."
"No. I don't love you."
Avi stared hard at her. She looked scared and confused. Scott looked like a big brother trying to protect her.
"Ok."
"What?"
"I think this is for he best."
"What are you talking about."
"You don't love me, and that's ok. I'm not good for you."
"What are you saying Avi."
"What I'm saying, Scott, is that maybe me and her shouldn't be together. She's just going to keep getting hurt here. First she runs away, then we find out she can't have kids, she runs away again, the I hit her. She doesn't deserve this."
"Well... Yeah, she doesn't deserve to be hurt. But where will she go?"
"With you?"
"I don't know... I mean of course she can stay with me but-"
"I want to go home."
Kirstie spoke up.
"Take me home, to my home."
Scott looked a her.
"I thought you didn't have a home."
"I do... Just drive me."
She walked out the door never looking at Avi and went to Scotts car.
"So where is your home?"
Kirstie told him and he drove. Soon enough, they got to Kirstie's little house and she got out of the car. Scott followed but she didn't want him to.
"I don't want you here..."
"Kirstie... You can't stay here alone."
"I did for 12 years... I can handle a few more years."
"... I don't like this."
"Like what?"
"You being here."
"I don't care, now leave."
She walked into her house and closed the door locking it. Scott tried to get in but gave up. He decided to leave her alone for now and headed home.
Kirstie threw the shoes Avi gave to her into a little closet hoping she wouldn't see them. She wanted to forget him. She also changed into her old clothes and hid the other clothes. Finishing her work, she curled up on her old couch hugging her dog and cried. She felt worthless, like she was just a piece of something to be hit and yelled at. Avi made it clear to her that being "loved" meant getting hurt badly. Not just emotionally but physically. She was broken and needed serious fixing.