// t w e n t y - n i n e //

29. But you're losing your words/ We're speaking in bodies/ Avoiding me and talking 'bout you/ But you're losing your turn/ I guess I'll never learn/ 'Cause I stay another hour or two

    Calum opened his apartment door a little past eleven o'clock. Tim stood there, batting his golden eyes. "Um," Cal said, not sure what else to say.

    "I wanted to see you."

    Calum moved aside, letting the younger teen come into his apartment. "Does your dad know you're here?"

    Tim kicked off his shoes and settled himself on the satin covered couch. "Nope."

    "Tim, I love seeing you and everything, but I really don't think you should be over here. Especially when your dad doesn't know."

    "I'm not a child, Cal." Tim curled up into the couch, looking back and motioning for the nineteen-year-old to join him.

    Calum didn't want to point out that Tim was practically a child. "How did you even get over here?"

    "Uber."

    "Won't your dad see that?"

    Tim shrugged. "He just reimburses me, he doesn't look that deep into it all."

    Calum sat on his couch, curling up on the opposite side. "I'm sorry I haven't answered your messages lately, I've been busy with work and school, you know?"

    Timothy stood up on his knees, scooting closer to Calum. "No, no, it's fine."

    Cal looked at Tim's eyes, then down to his tongue licking over his lips, then back up to Tim. "Timmy, I don't think we should be doing anything."

    Tim placed himself on Calum's lap, straddling his thighs and placing his hands on either side of Calum's face. "Why's that?"

    "It's just that," he gulped, trying to spit out the words Tim needed to hear, "Tim, you're fifteen. I'm nineteen."

    Tim ran his hands over Cal's cheekbones. "It's whatever."

    "I know you hate when people say this, but you're too young to understand. You don't understand how not okay it is for a guy my age messing with a guy your age." Calum was enchanted by Tim's presence but he knew that it was time to act like an adult in this situation.

    "I do understand, I just don't care." Tim was leaning closer and closer with every breath he took.

    "I want you, I do. I want every bit of you. But, I can't, I really can't." Cal placed his hands on Tim's hips, trying to guide him back. "I need you to respect that."

    Tim could physically feel his heart shattering, dropping down to his gut. He got off of Calum, fixing his jeans and running a hand through his hair. "Fine."

    "I'm sorry, Tim," Calum said, standing up, "do you want me to drive you home?"

    He shook his head, already putting his shoes back on. "It's fine." He rolled up the sleeves of his sweater as he headed towards the front door once more.

    "I don't want you to be mad at me. Do you understand that?"

    "Don't talk to me like I'm a fucking child, Calum." Tim opened the front door, leaving without another word.

    Cal didn't follow him. He knew it would make everything worse.

    Tim sat on a bench in the parking garage, pulling his knees to his chest and taking out his phone. He dialed the one other number he knew he could call. The one number that knew it all already.