// e p i l o g u e p a r t 1 //

epilogue part 1, michael and ashton

FIVE YEARS LATER

Waking up next to Ashton was the best thing to ever happen to Michael. After all this time, it didn't feel real. The blinds to their Greece hotel were open, revealing the vast ocean sinking into the horizon.

Mike's green eyes watched a soft breeze blow a few trees before he looked back down at his husband.

His newlywed husband.

They made it all the way through boyfriend, fiancé, and now finally husband. It took some time, but they got there again. They got there better this time.

Michael breathed out, breathing in once more. Everything felt so good, so at peace. He hoped this wasn't the peak of his forever, he hopes it only gets better from here.

He reached out, resting his hand on Ashton's cheekbones. The sleeping boy quirked his face but didn't wake up.

Michael rubbed his thumb over his high cheekbones, following the bone up around his eye and back to his ear. He traced the soft, tan skin a few times. He loved his husband, the only thing he knew how to do was admire him.

He wanted to admire him forever and now he has the chance. Michael is lucky enough to spend the rest of his life with Ashton Clifford. Ashton Clifford. It took too many years to get to that title.

Ashton thought of it differently, though. He was sure that he was the lucky one. As he opens his golden hues he's sure that he is too lucky to get to spend the rest of his life with Michael.

He smiles and yawns, letting out a laugh as he sees his husband smile back at him. "Good morning," he says with a rough voice.

"'Morning, Beauty." Michael takes his hand off of Ashton's face as he lets the older man stretch out.

"What're the plans for day three of the best honeymoon ever?"

Michael smiles and shrugs, "Whatever you wanna do, Baby."

"I wanna lay on the beach and get you sunburnt."

Michael laughed again and shook his head, "My aesthetic is being pale."

"You're, like, seventy years old. You aren't allowed to have an aesthetic." Ashton curled his body into Michael's, burying his head into his chest and curling his legs into Mike's.

Ashton listened to him laugh, his laugh was contagious. "We can spend the day outside but I'm staying in the shade and bringing the sunblock." Michael rolled onto his back, taking Ashton and rolling the man onto his stomach. "You should wear sunblock, too, you don't wanna get skin cancer or—."

Ash rolled his eyes, "This is why everyone thinks I married my sugar daddy."

"You're ridiculous."

"You're stuck with me forever, though," Ashton says as he crawls up Michael's body. He bends his elbows and lowers his shoulders as he leans in to kiss Michael straight on the lips.

"Yeah," Michael said between kisses, "I guess you're right.

"I am one lucky man."

Michael raised his hands to Ashton's sides, "Yes, you are, Mr. Ashton Clifford, you are."

Ashton laughed into their kiss as Mike flipped their entwined bodies over. They were young again, sixteen and fifteen again.