2.

It was 9am on a Thursday morning. After dropping Chris at school, Liza then made her way to the police station. After a while the car slowed down while we were on the highway, slowly coming to an halt causing me to look around to see what happened. We were caught in between a traffic jam and car honking blared around every second. There was an accident and we couldn't see what was happening as the cars were blocking our view.

Police sirens roared the entire area and they were trying to diffuse the situation. There were a lot of shouting and screaming causing me to look at Liza worriedly. "What is happening?" I asked her, curious about the incident.

"I'm sure the cops are handling the situation" she informed me. "And by the way, you're coming over to stay with us tonight. You don't have to go through anything anymore ok?" She insisted. "Thank you" was all I could manage to say to her.

A loud bang was heard, followed by a blood curling scream causing both Liza and my attention to see where it was coming from. A cold shiver ran down my spine. 'What could it be?' I wondered.

After about ten minutes since the incident, they managed to clear up the scene and we were able to drive down the road smoothly. As I looked to the side where the problem was happening, I saw blood splattered all over the road and there were two bodies covered with white cloth and officers were busy clearing up the area. "That looks scary" I told Liza while looking out. "Yea" she replied.

We finally reached the police station and once we got out, Liza came to my side. "I'm here for you alright" Liza supported me and I simply nodded my head, trying to calm myself.

When we were in the station, all the cops were so busy that they did not even notice us when we entered the station. It was a chaos in, they were all walking everywhere and they all looked very stress.

We stood at the entrance, trying to grab some officer's attention but they were all so busy to notice us. After many failed attempts, we finally caught the attention of an officer. "What can I do for you?" The officer asked as he walked towards us.

"We're here to file a report , what are the procedures?" Liza asked him. "Okay follow me" he said and we followed behind him.

At this moment I was feeling extremely nervous. It was now or never. We finally reached the officer's table and Liza then proceeded to tell the cop about what happened and explained everything that happened to me. He took down notes and occasionally looking up to see me and caught a glimpse of my scars on my face and hands. I could sense that he pitied me. 'What would happen if my dad got to know about this' I wondered.

"So is all of this true?" The police officer asked.

"Yea" I replied to his question. Liza looked at me and she knew I was feeling extremely anxious, so she held onto my hands tightly , mouthing the words 'calm down , I'm here'. I cracked a small smile at her and then turned my attention to the officer who was taking down some notes.

"Okay. We will look into the matter as soon as we can" the officer spoke.

"As soon as we can?" Liza questioned the officer.

"I'm sorry , but yes" 

"But this serious"

"I'm sorry, this is what has been told to us from our superiors and it's our duty to inform the public when they come to file a report" the officer informed us.