5.

"Not now Rhea. Please!" Chris was pleading. "We'll get through this, I promise" he continued, trying his best to keep my spirits up and trying not to let me go through another breakdown. But everything around me was crashing, bottled up emotions were pouring out of me without me being able to control myself.

"We won't get through this Chris, don't try to make promises that can't be kept" I said, while sobbing. Chris did not say anything further, he slowly grabbed hold of my shoulders and pulled me closer to him and placing my head against his chest.

"Please Rhea, just don't loose hope now, just not now!" Chris pleaded again, as he patted my back soothingly, trying his best to calm me down. Travis was driving but his eyes were on Chris, he was slightly shocked cause he has never seen this side of his son, which made him smile a little.

As soon as Travis drove out of the hospital area, everyone heaved a sigh of relief. Glad that we escaped the chaos without being affected. But everyone was still worried about getting Daniel's wife immediate medical care.

"Talk to her" I heard Liza say.

Chris was still holding onto me, and I just stayed still, not intending to move away as it made me feel calm. Honestly, i'm so terrified. What if I don't survive? What if I turn into one of those things? This thought kept running through my head as Travis was talking to Liza and everyone at the back, trying to find a way to treat Daniel's wife injuries.

"Stop overthinking!" Chris whispered quietly into my ears, while the other adults were having their own conversation.

"I'm not!" I replied back, quiet enough for Chris to hear.

"I know you well enough Rhea, stop! It's not going to help!" he whispered back. I just nodded my head, and stayed silent. As I looked out through the window, I saw the city that once stood mightily falling down in seconds. Every building around the city was blacking out, and the air smelled like death.

'What is the world turning to?' I wondered to myself.

__

"Rhea" I heard a faint voice, slowly pulling me of from my dreamland.

"Wake her up, i'll go check on Madison! You guys stay here, and don't go anywhere else until I come back!" I heard Travis say before hearing the door opening and soon shutting it close.

"Rhea, we're here!" Chris said, trying to wake me up.

"Mmm, i'm awake!!" I said as I attempt to open my eyes slowly. We were in the same truck and we're still stuck in this nightmare.

"Come on! Let's get you out!" Chris said as he opened the truck door and stepped out. Liza was beside, waiting for me to step out of the car.

"Everything's okay. Don't loose hope" Liza said as she kissed my temple.

"Thanks Liza!" I smiled. "Anyways, how's her leg?" I asked.

"It's quite bad. But yea ... Just hoping for some miracle to happen" Liza informed me.

"Dad is alone, come on!" Chris said worriedly, leading the both of us towards the house.

We slowly walked to the house, trying to not make any noise and to create unwanted attention. Chris held onto my hands and I followed him behind, with Liza in front of us leading us into the house.

"I asked you to wait in the car" Travis said as soon as he saw us entering the house.

"We're staying with you" Liza replied Travis.

"Looks like no one is here dad" Chris said as he looked around the dark and quiet house.

The quietness of the night caused cold chills to run down my spine. As the cold breeze brushed pass my face, a series of frighting thoughts flashed through my mind. We continued walking into the house only to hear faint noises of someone growling and munching. Panic started to engulf me, my grip on Chris's hands tightened only for him to look back at me worried. Travis continued to walk closer to where the noises came from.