4.

"Hell no we won't go" Everyone around us were chanting the phrase continuously. The weather was killing me, so did the as loud voices around me. I was feeling extremely irritated and I just wanted the cops to clear off the area as fast as they can so that I can be able to go back to Chris's place.

Chris's boring ringtone blared, fighting against the loud voices of the protestors. I peeked a little to see who it was it was his mum. He quickly answered the phone without thinking twice.

"Mum" he said the moment he answered the phone. "Mum!" he shouted again, so that Liza could be able to hear him.

"Dad, why do you have mum's phone?" he spoke again, surprised that his it was his dad.

"There's a protest, i'm at a protest" he informed them over the phone.

"The cops, they shot a homeless guy, and he wasn't doing anything" he said over the phone.

"The people are taking action. This is important dad!" Chris screamed over the phone, this time slightly pissed off with the conversation that he was having.

"Dad, i'm part of it ok. I gotta go dad!" He said before cutting the call.

Chris continued screaming as loud as he could, while still recording the protest. I knew I had to text Liza, even though Chris would hate me for this. I can't see him dealing with his anger in this way. I then took my phone and texted Liza immediately and while Chris was not seeing what I was doing.

'Liza, we're stuck in a protest. I'm kinda lost about where we are' I texted Liza.

'Yea, we saw the news and we know where you and Chris are. We're coming to get you, don't worry' Liza texted back.

'Ok' I replied her, and held onto my phone protectively.

__

Minutes ticked by, and I was patiently waiting for Liza and Travis to come get us. The protest got louder as time went by. Chris was determined to bring a change and I was mentally scolding him for being involved in this huge matter. That was when I heard a faint voice calling out 'Rhea' and 'Chris'. I looked around to frantically, hoping that I would get a glimpse of Liza or Travis. That was went I felt a tap on my shoulder, and I turned around immediately. It was Travis followed by Liza at the back.

"Come on, we gotta go now" Travis said as he held onto Chris and Liza held onto my hands.

Chris was protesting and telling his dad what had happened, Travis was trying his best to bring Chris out of the mess, but Chris was being extremely stubborn. Liza then squats down a little and was seeing something through the railing. She looks up at me worriedly. "It was the same as yesterday" I told her, and she nodded her head.

"We gotta go!" Travis said worriedly, trying his best to convince Chris to listen to him but Chris was still arguing with him.

"Christopher! Listen to your father" Liza said authoritatively. But still, Chris was not listening to his mum either.

"Dammit Chris, now is not the time" I shouted at Chris, annoyed by how he was behaving. We were both stubborn and extremely adamant on certain things, but I never knew that Chris was worse than me.

"Christopher NOW!" Liza said sternly as she grabbed onto Chris's hands and dragged him out of the protest and Travis grabbed onto my hand and we followed behind Liza and Chris. Chris continued to argue with his parents as well as me, but we ignored his protest and continued walking out.

"Wait wait, stop!" Travis said the moment he saw a bunch of riot police marching over to where the protest was. We panicked for a moment, not knowing where to head to instead. "Let's go" Travis shouted, and we ran across the other direction, away from the protest and following Travis who was the lead. While running, I witnessed another lady approaching the lady officer, the lady looked lethargic but she was growling which made me confused. The lady officer then proceeded to shoot the lady, causing the lady to fall to the floor, she continued to growl which sent cool shiver down my spine. Everyone was screaming and running around frantically.