When the foghorn blows

I walked along the sandy beach at 11:59pm. Waiting for the fog horn to blow. It would be any second now, any second that I could leave the nightmare and go to reality. I waited holding down the fear. As much as I hated public bathrooms I also hated dares. My friend Arinna had dared me to stay at the beach until the foghorn blew, this was the most dangerous thing you can dare someone to do at the beach. Suddenly that loud petrifying noise struck my ears and I knew it was time, I dashed down the sandy beach and watched as the creatures started to form, they started to drag their ugly seaweed ragged body's out of the shallow water. I ran faster I needed to get to the lighthouse before they noticed me. The lighthouse was at least a 4th of a mile away, so I ran even faster. I looked up at the sky and saw the moon, it glared at me with its crater hole scars. Waiting to be able to cast its terrible curse. I watched as the creatures scrambled across the beach at an extremely weird pace. The moon crossed my legs controlling the creatures pointing them towards me. I watched as Arinna came into view she waited on the porch of the light house as I scrambled up the steps yelling, "Get inside, get inside, their coming."
We ran in and locked the door hoping to know that whats on the other side can't get in.

       Every night since then my nights have had a different schedule. The moon has cursed me from the light of it, when it shines on you at midnight. Now I know that I shall only seek the light of the moon at midnight since my late night walk is always when the foghorn blows.