Chapter 3

Italics: thoughts
Bold Italics: Kyuubi/Kurama
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
7 Years Later Naruto's POV

Me and Sasuke finally entered the academy. Though secretly we've been training so that we could become stronger fast. This time around we were more openly friends, we would actually admit it. When we are around other people we act real close, but when we're alone we act as our past selves.

We entered the academy doors with all the other students, and I was happy to see that we still had Iruka-sensei as our teacher. I spaced out and the next thing I knew Sasuke was hitting me in the head for lunch. We sat on roof watching the people below us, that was when we first saw something peculiar. We saw Shikamaru. That's not really that strange but the thing is he wasn't lazing about watching clouds like he would always do in our original academy days. He was sitting there glancing around and thinking, like the tactician we both knew.

"Sasuke...I think that's our Shikamaru"

"Why's that?" He replied.

"Just look at him he isn't watching the clouds and lazing about"

"Hn good point" he said after another bite of food.

"Let's go down there to make sure" I said as I stood up. Looking around I made sure that no one was around or looking and jumped off the roof. I landed right in front of Shikamaru who looked at me in surprise.

"Are you Shikamaru?" I asked him. A second later I got hit in the head.

"What kind a question is that? Of course he's Shikamaru idiot that's his name" Sasuke said anoyed as he landed next to me.

"Ok then are you older than 12" I asked him instead. Shikamaru was a smart guy, I knew that if he looked at me confused than this person was not the Shikamaru they knew. That, however, did not happen as he looked at us with wide eyes.

"Are you guys.....what's going on why are we kids again?!?!" Shikamaru asked. I looked around to make sure no one was there to listen.

"The tailed beasts used what power they could to send us back to this time", I said seriously, "I guess the fact that you and Sasuke remember was a side effect of the jutsu. However, things have been changed slightly because for one my parents are still alive, and there are no hostilities with the Uchiha clan and civilians."

"That would make sense" Shikamaru said in a thoughtful position, "So what are we gonna do this time around?"

"We're going to prevent the Fourth Great Shinobi War"