In Between the Sheets

She didn't want to move but she knew if she didn't she would have fell asleep in that uncomfortable chair. She was enjoying sitting there not speaking, just listening to music and watching the stars with him.

"Where are you sleeping tonight?" She asked as her eyes struggled to stay open.

"I don't know," he answered the question but both of them knew the answer. She nodded as started to get up.

"Well I think I'm going to go to bed, I'm about to fall asleep." She took a few steps and he was right behind her with both of their chairs. He put the chairs up and then followed her inside but that's where he stopped. She continued walking into the bed room, continued to pull the sheets back on the bed, and continued to get in the bed facing the door. She sat there for a little while just staring at the door, at the floor, at the wall. This was her problem, she would be so tired she couldn't keep her eyes open and then she would get into bed and all of that would just disappear. Her mind would move at the speed of a humming birds heartbeat, and would find several different topics to think about all at once but only one thing was on her mind tonight.... And that was him. Right when she decided to turn on some music to see if that would help she heard someone run into a chair in the dining room and fall to the ground and she knew.... She knew it was him. She giggled a little and shook her head. A minute she watched him walk into the room and slowly climb in next to her. And pretty soon with every slight movement, every laugh, every joke they crept their way closer to each other until she was in his arms. Their faces close to each other's, breathing one another air. Sometimes breaking up when he made a noise that would cause her to laugh which caused him to keep doing it. Finally there was silence, her arms folded against her chest, his arms on her side.

Her eyes would flutter open to see him. She had always had trouble breathing in close proximities, with hot air.... But she had no problem next to him. The feeling she had being in his arms, close to his chest. She had felt it before when she had spent the night in his room. But she knew she had changed since then, her feelings had definitely changed. She once had been so scared but now all she wanted to do was kiss him. Open up to him. Let him steal her heart. She wanted him. And then as if like magnets their lips found each other. She knew that kiss wasn't going to be normal, she knew it wasn't going to be what she expected. It was slow, soft, and sweet. It made all her fears fall away, made all her problems seem to fade, and made everything feel different. As he went to pull away, she pulled him back smiling against his lips. She wanted to feel this way the rest of her life but she knew for now all she had was right now.