1

It was raining heavily outside. Her footsteps were beating loudly. Scared as hell, she continued to run in the basement where she parked her stylish black Audi. Wearing white jeans that sticked slimy tight till her kneelength and a blue cotton top, her bright yellow purse hung in the air as she swifty moved ahead.

She witnessed the footsteps of the person following her increasing. All she saw was a tall man draped in a full black coat and a cap over it following her with a gun in his hand.

She reached for the elevator. Alas! It was on 8th floor. She ran through the staircase searching for the keys in her purse on the way.

Looking back, she sensed the man racing faster towards her.

"Wait! Or I'll shoot your fucking head, you little Jackass", she heard his harsh voice for the first time now.

She continued to run ignoring his warning. He was turning even more furious, fueling his footsteps towards her.

She managed to reach outside her flat, but the keys were not satisfying her doorlock. Somehow, her fingers paused to shiver and the door opened, and she went inside locking the door out of asphyxiation.

She searched left and right about what to do next. It was around midnight.

She went to look through her door's eye-hole to see whether the man was still outside.

As soon as she puts her eye onto the piece to look, the electricity goes off. Now, all she sees is nil. And, hears a dull, harsh voice. A voice that's groans like a hungry lion who is about to have its feast.

Her pulse raced higher. She breathed spontaneously. Her fingers perpetuated to shiver out of horror.

She opens her cellphone to make a call.

She has her back laid onto the door when suddenly electricity goes on. In no time, the door shuts open and she falls on the floor.

"Tell me the code", he asks furiously, holding her neck tightly and aiming his gun-point over her fair forehead.

"Who..who are you?" Her sweet voice breakdances in the thundering night.

"Tell me the code", he continues to demand interrupting with his hoarse voice, and pulling the trigger to make the work done quicker.

"135813", she screams out of horror after hearing the trigger being pulled.

"Great", he grins.

He stands up and heads towards the door when suddenly a huge sound of a gunshot occupies the moist atmosphere.

The bullet kissed her forehead. And there she is, lying on the floor with blood streaking out from her pituitary down to her nostrils like a waterfall emerging from its point of origin.