Chapter 31

Dedicated to MeriahLangdon

Seeing Jason made a bigger difference than i thought. Seeing him made me feel safe again. I felt like i could handle anything coming at me and for a brief moment i felt relieved.

We got into the taxi and directed the driver towards the hospital. I couldn't stop tapping my foot and my head was doing full spins.

"I dont know how to feel right now." i whispered.

"Then forget about it for now." he grasped my hand and gave it a squeeze. I almost wanted to vomit. When we reached the hospital i couldn't get out of the car fast enough. I told jason to stay in the lobby because i wanted to do this alone, he reluctantly agreed and sat down.

"My name is Kara Mars, im here to see Jasper alan."

The receptionist gave me a sad grin. "Oh, you must be the girlfriend he wouldn't stop rambling about. Poor guy had bandages and tubes attached to his throat but he wouldn't stop asking about his girlfriend. "

I didn't have the energy to correct her so i just looked down at the floor.

"Hes in room 17A, 3rd floor, ICU."

"Thanks."

The ride up to the third floor seemed to take an eternity. I was scared to see his condition
A sick part of me was kind of hoping he'd die. I was so disappointed in that thought, as minute as it was.

I walk up to the reception counter and get directions to his room.

"Down the hall, make 2 rights, and his room is on the corner."

When i walk into his room, i am hit with a strong, unknown emotion. I can barely stand the sight of him.

I couldn't help but wonder how just a month ago we'd been going to parties and country clubs and how in just that short amount of time everything had gone straight to the depths of hell.

I go back into the ICU lobby and sit down to gather my emotions.

I hear a voice around the corner asking for jasper's room.

"Im his girlfriend," the voice said. "I cant believe this is happening."

My mouth dropped in disbelief. He had a girlfriend! I wanted to see her but part of me felt as if i shouldn't want to. I wait a few minutes and go talk to the receptionist again.

"How long until he's able to talk?"

"3-5 days and he should be able to form an understandable sentence.

"Okay, thank you."

I make my way back to his room and peak in. The girl looked familiar and i couldn't figure out where I'd seen her from. Then it hit me. She looked exactly like...

ME!!

A/N Just a small chapter to stir up some drama. Sorry for the wait. Hope you guys enjoyed it.