The Truth

Sabine was working to trace the source of the transmission from Master Obi-Wan Kenobi, and Ahsoka paced back and forth through the corridors. The thoughts racing her mind were too many to count, and they soon weighed her down like a beat bantha in the Tatooine heat.

Kanan decided to break the silent murmur of Ahsoka's feet, "So why him exactly?"

Ahsoka looked as though she had just been called every insult in the Wookie language, "Master Obi-Wan Kenobi is a great man, I fought along side him and my master throughout my time in the Jedi Order during the Clone Wars. If he is out there, he will know exactly what to do and he'll help us defeat Vader. I can't do it alone."

"Who's to say he's still alive? And you won't be fighting Vader alone, I'll be going with you." Kanan spoke with ignorance and arrogance.

"You aren't ready," Ahsoka said solemnly, "and this is something that I must do alone."

Kanan crossed his arms, "And what about Master Kenobi?"

"Obi-Wan has had more than his fare share of encounters with Vader," Ahsoka said sadly, "as have I."

Kanan raised an eyebrow, "What do you mean?"

Sabine then chimed in the conversation, "Kanan I may need your help with this," she looked to Ahsoka and nodded, giving Ahsoka confirmation that she understood that she was uncomfortable and unwilling to talk about Vader.

Ahsoka nodded back and made her way to the cockpit to confront Hera about her secret of Darth Vader. Upon entering the cockpit, Ahsoka sighed, feeling troubled, she sat next to Hera.

"What is it Ahsoka?" Hera asked.

Ahsoka lowered her head, "I know who Darth Vader is." She said solemnly.

Hera's face bore an expression of concern, "How?"

"Jedi Knight Anakin Skywalker. He was a friend, my master, my teacher... the love of my life." Ahsoka replied. Her heart began to sink as she spoke those words, admitting what she should have all those years ago, the feeling she had never spoken about. So many times she had wished to tell Anakin how she felt about him, but she knew it was forbidden. How could she tell him? She thought about it so many times. And if she ever had the chance, she knew what to say, and she knew she wanted to say it before she left the Order, in hopes he would come with her:

"The things that you have done for me, to help me, support me, surprise me, to make me happy, go above and beyond what any living being in the galaxy deserves. You're all I need. I want spend the rest of my life, every minute, with you, and I am the luckiest woman in the galaxy. Every day with you is an adventure. I can't believe how lucky I am to have gotten you, Anakin, as my master. You give me purpose when I feel I have none. Without you, my soul would be empty, my heart broken, my being incomplete. Any surprises that come our way, it's OK, because I will always love you. Ever since I was young I never understood anything about the world, and I never understood anything that happened in my life, especially not why I was taken from my family for the Jedi Order... The only thing that ever made sense to me was you, and how I felt about you. You are the person I was meant to spend the rest of my life with Anakin, I was an us, and I want it to be forever."

But she didn't. She kept that to herself as she walked away from him, her life, and the order.

"You loved him?" Hera questioned.

Ahsoka looked to Hera with pain in her eyes, "Yes, I did, all through these years, but now..."

Hera returned an expression of sadness, "He's the very man who destroyed the Republic."

Ahsoka stood from her chair, "Yeah..." and she left the cockpit.