Prologue - Taylor

"Hey, Taylor," he says as he hugs me tightly, spinning me around. I can't help but laugh.

"Hi, Lou!" I say cheerily as he sets me on my feet. I keep my arms wrapped around his neck as he looks me in the eyes.

"Why are you so cheery?" He asks, cupping my cheek and running his thumb over my cheek bone. A blush instantly colors my cheeks.

"I have no clue...I'm just happy to see you," I say, quickly pecking his lips. He smiles at me and pulls me closer.

"Good, because I have a surprise for you," he says, grabbing my hand and leading me down the hiking trail we're on.

"Lou, I'm not wearing shoes good enough for hiking," I say and he chuckles, squeezing my hand.

"Who said we're hiking?" He smirks at me as he tugs me along, my flats scuffing at the dirt. I smile as we continue walking down the hiking trail.

"Oh, we have dinner tonight, my house," I say as he swings our hands back and forth "Mom offered."

"I see your mother likes me," he says, mocking a posh accent. I can't help but laugh.

"You see right," I say, smiling widely.

"I'll gladly come to your house for dinner," he says, his British accent making the words sound better leaving his lips.

"Good," I say "Because I already told her you're coming."

He laughs "You never fail to surprise me," he pulls me into his side and wraps an arm around my waist.

"I'm fearless," I say and he chuckles.

"That you are," he says, stopping "We're here."

I turn my head to look at the patch of grass and I gasp.

"You set up a picnic?" I ask, rushing over to it and sitting on the blanket "I love it when you surprise me!"

"You always said this would be a good spot for a picnic," he says "I just thought why not?"

"I love you," I say and he smiles, sitting down.

"I know," he says and I scoff "Who couldn't love this sassy beast?"

"Lou..." I trail off and he chuckles, cupping my face in his hands "I love you too."

He leans in and presses his lips to mine in a short but sweet kiss.

"Good," I say "Now lets eat."

~*~

"You know, I'm so proud of you," Lou says as we sip champagne "Your music career is shooting up."

"I only have two albums out," I say and he scoffs "What?"

"Two albums of many," he says, tucking a curled hair behind my ear "I'm gonna miss you when you go on tour."

"I'll miss you too," I say and he smiles.

"Maybe you could-"

He's cut off by the sound of my ringtone. "Sorry," I say as I tap the answer button and hold it to my ear.

"Taylor speaking," I say into the reciever and I hear someone clear their throat.

"Taylor, it's Paula," I inwardly groan "Can you come to the office?"

"Now?" I ask, looking at Louis "But I'm with Lou."

"Bring him," she says "It's urgent."

And with that, the line goes dead. I groan involuntarily and look at Lou.