Chapter 9 - Taylor

I flutter my eyes open to the light shining in through my window. I smile slightly as I sit up, stretching my arms over my head before rubbing my eyes to rid them of sleep. I check my phone, seeing it's Wednesday, and smile as I see a text from Harry.

From: Harry

I had fun last night...see you tomorrow for karaoke! - Harry xx

I smile and throw the duvet off of my legs, swinging my legs over the side of the bed and springing to my feet. I'm so happy...I have no idea why.

I saunter into the kitchen and grab myself a bagel, spreading cream cheese over it and taking a bite. I open up a reply to Harry.

To: Harry

Karakoe is going to be great! See you tomorrow - Taylor xx

I scroll through my contacts and land on Selena's name. I smile as I bring the phone to my ear.

"This is Selena," my best friend's voice travels through the phone and I smile.

"Hey, Sel," I say and I hear her gasp.

"Taylor! How are you?" She asks and I smile.

"I'm great, actually," I say, smiling "I can't get this smile off my face."

"Is it something to do with your date with Mr. Styles last night?" She asks and I feel my cheeks tinge.

"Psh, no," I say, looking at the clock on the wall.

"It so is!" She yells "You like him!"

"Alright!" I exclaim "I like him!"

"I knew it! I am so smart!" She says and smiles "I'm coming over, be there in five."

"Alright," I smile "See you soon!"

"Bye girl!" She exclaims and the line goes dead. I smile, locking my phone before finishing my bagel off. I rush into my room and throw on a pair of black high wasited shorts and a red long sleeved shirt tucked in. I throw my hair up into a bun and walk back out into the kitchen, pouring myself a glass of apple juice. I take a sip just as there's a knock at the door.

"Come in!" I yell and the door opens, showing my brunette bestie. "Hey!" I say and hug her.

"Hey!" She says back "How was it?"

"What?" I ask and she smiles.

"Your date silly!" She exclaims and I smile just as my phone rings. She smiles widely before raising her eyebrows. "Who could that be?" She asks and I narrow my eyes at her as I pick up the phone. I answer it.

"This is Taylor," I say.

"Taylor, come in, we have a meeting," Paula's voice sounds and my face drops.

"I'm busy," I stand my ground and I hear her laugh.

"If you want Ed on your Red tour, you'll come to this meeting now," she says "Be here in half an hour." The line goes dead.

I shake my head as I lock my phone, looking to Selena. "I've to go," I say through my teeth as tears come to my eyes.

"Oh, sweetheart," she hugs me "What did they say?"

"They threatened to not let Ed on the tour," I say "Why are they so mean to me?"

"I don't know," she says "But we need to get you there, okay?"

"Okay," I say and we leave the apartment. We hail a cab and she travels with me to the building. "I hate my management," I say "They try to control everything."

"I know, babe," she says as the cab stops in front of the building "I'm free all day, so if you need me, just call."

"Thank you," I hug her and exit the car. I let out a breath before entering the building. Paula's probably going to criticize me about not wearing any makeup...you know what? I don't need it...I look fine without it.

I enter the conference room and see Paula there, I notice Harry there as well. Why is every meeting about us now?

"Sit down, Taylor," Paula demands and I roll my eyes, sitting next to Harry. He smiles at me and I manage a weak smile back.

"So, why are we here?" I ask and Paula clasps her hands in front of her.

"The publicity is overflowing, like we wanted," she nods "But the hate is going out of control."

"I haven't checked twitter," I say and Harry gulps.

"I have," he says "It's bad."

"We know that, Harry," Paula rolls her eyes and I scoff.

"Be nice to him," I spit out and she sighs.

"Taylor, this is a serious matter," she says "The fans are going out of control about this. We think..."

"Don't you dare say it," I stand up "Don't you dare."

"Say what?" Harry asks and I look to him,

"Nothing," I say and I turn my gaze back to Paula, glaring at her.

"Fine, we'll keep this stunt going," Paula says and Harry sighs.

"It's more than a stunt, Paula," Harry says, standing up as well and looking to me "How can you not see that?"

"Are you telling me...?" She trails off, looking between the two of us. What is he trying to say?

"Yes, I have strong feelings toward Taylor," he says and my jaw drops, my eyes widen and I'm jumping with glee on the inside.

"Are you serious?" Paula asks "How do you feel about this, Taylor?"

"I..." I look to Harry and smile "I feel the same."

He smiles widely and takes my hand in his, interlocking our fingers.

"You've only been on two dates!" She exclaims "Are you serious?! We were supposed to keep this strictly business!"

"You can't help how you feel," Harry says, running his thumb over my knuckles.

"Exactly," I say, smiling at him "You can't."

"Whatever," Paula says "I'm not funding this anymore. You guys work out this relationship on your own from now on."

She picks up her papers and binder before stalking out of the room. I turn to Harry and smile widely.

"You really feel that way about me?" I ask and he uses his free hand to cup my face.

"Every word," he says before connecting his lips with mine.