Chapter 14 - Louis

You know when you see your ex girlfriend, whom you loved deeply, and those feelings just immediately spark again? That's happeneing to me...but times ten. What is going on? Why are they coming back to me? I have Eleanor, who I love dearly...but Taylor...she just always has this effect on me. I can never rid myself of the sparks I feel when she's around. And seeing her with Harry...kills me.

"Lou? You okay, baby?" Eleanor asks and I look at her, my eyes widening slightly.

"Yeah," I say aimlessly "I'm fine."

"You just spaced out for a bit...I thought something was wrong," she says, smiling "How nice is Taylor?"

"I would know, I did date her," I say without thinking and I hear her sharp intake of breath. Shit...I look back to her and her eyes are wide, shock written all over her features.

"I thought we agreed to never mention dating history to each other," she states, looking down.

"I'm sorry, El," I say, pleading with her "It just slipped out and..."

"It's fine," she sighs, shrugging "I guess my reaction was kind of stupid too."

"I'm sorry, love," I say, pulling her closer to me and kissing her hair. "She is nice, isn't she?"

"Yeah," she says "I thought it'd be really awkward, but it so isn't. I mean, she just took me in straight away, already talking about girly stuff."

"She's known for being America's Sweetheart...I guess it's true," I say, trying not to say anything too nice about my ex girlfriend that is now dating my best mate.

"It is!" El chirps, obviously excited about her new friend. I never thought this would happen...my ex and current girlfriend...friends? Not for long...something is bound to happen.

"Louis, wanna karaoke?" Taylor's voice cuts through my thoughts and I look up at the blonde in the little black dress. She's holding out her hand, beckoning me to sing with her. She looks so adorable when she wants something, her bottom lip juts out the slightest into a pout and she gives the cutest puppy dog eyes...I have to stop thinking about her like that. Now.

"Oh, I don't know," I say and El nudges me with her elbow.

"Come on, Lou! What are you afraid of?" Taylor asks, raising her eyebrows at me and I roll my eyes, standing up and taking the other microphone from her.

"You crying over losing," I say and she laughs, going to the monitor to choose a song.

"Well, lucky it isn't a competition then, hey?" She says and I roll my eyes, waiting for the music to start. I look into her deep blue eyes, seeing the spark of child like fun there and I can't help but smile back at her. She clears her throat, looking up at the screen jsut as the music starts. My smile drops as I look at her, seeing the knowing look in her eyes.

She smiles at me and my lips turn up into one, appreciating her song choice. This is our song...she chose our song. The piano rings through the bar and I bring the microphone to my lips just as she does, she harmonizes with me instead of taking the lead.

'Stay with me, baby, stay with me

Tonight don't leave

Me alone...'

The look in her eyes is shining, showing pure happiness. Mine probably tell a different story. That I'm still in love with her...

Walk with me, c'mon, walk with me

To the edge of all

We've ever known...'

She takes the lead here, jsut as we always used to sing it together. When we used to busk in the park and gain a crowd, knowing that it was Taylor Swift singing with her boyfriend.