Chapter 4 - Harry

That was beyond awkward. She was just...staring at me. I'm just going to act like nothing happened and continue watching the seals...or sea lions. Ugh, I don't even know their real name.

I continue watching the creatures, listening to Lux's talking and smiling.

"Sorry," Taylor says and I look to her.

"About what?" I ask and she blushes slightly.

"For...staring at you?" She says more as a question.

"Are you asking me or telling me?" I ask and she blushes deeper and I chuckle "It's okay, Taylor."

"Alright, good," she lets out a sigh of relief "I didn't want it to get awkward between us."

"I think we've crossed that barrier," I say and she looks at me confusedly "I mean, you and my best mate fell in love and now look at us...we're dating." I put air quotes around dating.

"Yeah, true," she says "I just...I don't usually stare at people. I just feel awkward."

"Taylor," I turn to her and she smiles "Stop feeling awkward. It's in the past...lets just enjoy the animals."

"Okay-"

"Guys," Lou cuts her off and we both look up to her "We're going...you guys okay without us?"

"Lou, we're not children," I say, rolling my eyes slightly and she just narrows her eyes at me.

"Whatever, Harold," she says, turning to Taylor "It was lovely to meet you."

"Bye!" Lux yells and I smile, poking her nose and opening my arms for her to run into. I hug the small girl in my arms and smile, she pulls out and runs back to Lou. Taylor and I wave goodbye as Tom, Lou and Lux walk away, leaving us to look at creatures ourselves.

"Now what do we do?" Taylor asks and I shrug, looking back at the sea lions.

"Walk around?" I ask and she shrugs, standing up and holding out my hand. She smiles and takes it, rising to her feet. We walk side by side, just looking at the captivating creatures. The silence is one of the most awkward silences I've been in for quite some time.

"Um-"

"I have to go," she cuts me off and I gulp slightly.

"Uh, okay," I say "Do you want me to walk you?"

"Uh, no...I'm getting picked up," she says, putting her phone back in her pocket. I hadn't even noticed that she had checked it "Thanks for a good day."

"Yeah, you too," I say as she smiles and walks off. I sigh and run my fingers through my hair. I notice the fans off in the distance, looking at me. They giggle slightly as I wave at them before they come up to me.

"Hi!" One of them says and I smile.

"Hey, girls, how are you today?" I ask and they squeak in excitement. I smile.

"Uh, great!" THe blonde says and I smile, the redhead steps forward.

"Why were you with Taylor Swift?" She asks, a bit of edge to her voice. I gulp visibly.

"We were just, uh..." I sigh "We were on a date."

"You were?" The brunette asks, obviously a tad excited "You guys are dating?"

"Well, at the moment we're just friends," I say, signing the blonde's phone case.

"If you guys get together, I'm going to ship you guys so much!" The brunette says and the redhead scoffs.

"Bitch please! Taylor Swift is a slu-"

"Hey," I warn as I sign her notebook. She gulps. "She's a real nice girl."

"Whatever you say," the redhead says after I finish signing everyone's things.

"Thank you!" The brunette says "I ship Haylor!"

They walk off, leaving me standing there...astonished. She already came up with a shipping name? Wow...

~*~

I close the door behind me, leaning against the wood as I chuck the keys to the side. They skid across the bench and I sigh, running my fingers through my hair. I push off the door and walk toward the hall when a voice cuts me off.

"Have you read through twitter lately?" Louis asks and I turn to look at him, he's sitting on the couch with his laptop "Haylor shippers everywhere." I gulp "What the fuck is Haylor?"

"We're not dating, Lou-"

"Don't bullshit me, Harry!" He yells, cutting me off completely.

"Why would I bullshit you?!" I yell back, my anger already boiling. It's automatic reaction. When someone is mad at me, it doesn't take long for me to get mad back at them.

"Because I have proof that you two were together today...you were flirting with her, Harry," he scoffs, turning the laptop around.

A collage? He made a collage of photos from today? There's a photo of us with gelato, looking at the sea lions, Taylor holding Lux, Lou and Tom...everything.

"How could you do this to me?" Louis asks, his voice gone soft.

"Louis, you have Eleanor," I say "Taylor is your past. You don't love her anymore...you admitted that when we all found out she was here in New York. You love Eleanor...get over it."

"She was my first love...it's like me dating Caro-"

"I never loved Caroline!" I yell clenching my hands by my side "It was just a fling...I've never been in love, Louis."

"Well, I have! And you're dating her now! Do you know how that makes me feel?" I sigh, pinching the bridge of my nose "It hurts Harry!"

"Like I said before," I say calmly "You have Eleanor. You love her...Get. Over it."

I turn on my heel and walk down the hall to my bedroom, slamming the door behind me. I collapse onto the hotel bed and let out a sigh, running my hand up and down my face.

Why didn't I just tell him management made me do it? Why didn't I just say that we're friends? Why did I just jeopordise out friendship? Wow...I have to learn to think.

I pull my phone out of my pocket, seeing a new text lighting up my screen. I sigh and open it, smiling instantly.

From: Unknown

I had a really good time today...sorry I left so abruptly :/ We should do it again - Taylor xx

I smile at my phone before making a contact for her.

To: Taylor

We should! When? I really did have fun today...who knew a fake date could turn out to be so fun? - Harry xx

I look up at the plain white ceiling as I wait for her reply. Why can't Louis just accept that I'm 'dating' Taylor? I mean, I know she was his first love, but he has Eleanor now. And he loves her more than anything...so what's his deal with Taylor? I jump slightly as my phone vibrates in my hand.

From: Taylor

We could try on Saturday? I'm meeting with Selena tomorrow night so...yeah. And I know! I really liked playing 20 questions with you :) - Taylor xx

I reply instantly.

To: Taylor

Saturday sounds great. Maybe another round of 20 questions?? ;) - Harry xx

I catch myself smiling at the thought of playing 20 questions. It really was fun...I found out a bit about her. I like her fox sweater...

I jump at the vibration again before checking the text.

From: Taylor

It's a date - Taylor xx