Three

I woke up to the sunlight in my eyes and a loud voice. "Wakey wakey, eggs and bacey!" I slowly opened my eyes, my face scrunched up. "Wha..?" I mumbled. "Wake up Taemin, breakfast is waiting!" Roy was above me, his face in a wide grin. I slowly sat up and rubbed my eyes. "What time is it?"

It took Roy a minute to register my words, probably because of my thick accent. "Oh, it's seven o' three AM! Class starts at nine, so you have two hours to shower and eat breakfast. If you are going to shower, I suggest bringing flip flops with you. If you don't have any, march your booty to Dollar Tree and get some!" He said cheerfully and smacked my arm in a brotherly way. "See you soon, bro!" After that, he got up and left the room, hands in his pockets.

I sighed and stood up, unzipping my suitcase. I got out my toiletries, clothes, and a pair of flip flops like Roy suggested. He knew more than I did, and even though he was a chatterbox, I decided to take his advice. I gathered my things and peeked out the door. Walking down the hallway, I stopped at the bathrooms and walked in. Sure enough, there were men all over taking showers. Oh gross.

I covered my eyes and grabbed a shower, pulling the curtain closed. Not that I was insecure about my body, just I didn't want anybody perving. I settled my mind then: late night showers for me. I quickly showered and got dressed before pulling the shower open and going back to the dorm. Next, to find food. I could tell this was going to be a long day.

Class wasn't too boring, but I found myself tuning out the English around me and looking out windows. I was alone mostly, not that I minded, I loved be alone, but even I would get lonely soon. Oh Anthea, where are you? Come take me away, show me your world. This doesn't feel like you, and I don't know what to do. I found myself drifting into thoughts about her...

"Taemin oppa~" I could almost hear her. I closed my eyes. I could almost see her in front of me, feeling her fingertips on my arm. "You have to try this~..." I sighed to myself. Why couldn't it come true? That's all I ever asked for, but maybe that was too much and I was greedy.

"Uh, Taemin?" I heard a voice. I opened my eyes, and saw a blonde in front of me. I smiled. "Hi Kylie." She grinned, "You remembered me." I laughed and nodded. "Of course, you are the first person I met." She nodded and looked at the empty chair beside me. "Oh, sit." I reached and pulled it out. She smiled and sat next to me. "Thank you. So how are you enjoying your first day?" She inquired. curiously, looking at me with big blue eyes. "It's been alright," I said honestly, "I just haven't made many friends yet." Kylie smiled kindly. "There is a party tonight. To kick off the start of the year, you know. You could come with me, and I will introduce you to a few people. Sound good?"

My eyes went wide. "Ah, really? You would do that for me?" I was touched. "Of course. If you'd be my date, of course." She winked and laughed it off, but something told me she meant it. I blushed a little bit, but smiled as well. "Of course."

She smiled wider. "Awesome, I will come pick you up at ten, alright?"

"Alright." I agreed. Why so late? Was the party going to be like one of those college parties in the movies? I had so many questions, but my curiosity could only be satisfied by experience. Kylie patted my shoulder and stood up. "Don't worry too much about what to wear, just something simple. I'll see you later Taemin." With that, and a flick of her hair, she was off. I smiled to myself and stood up as well, heading to my next class.

~

"You're going too?" Roy's voice filled up our small dorm as I was looking for something to wear.

"Kylie invited me. Plus, I'm new, and my social life is non-existent."

The ginger nodded his head wisely. "I thought that too, but I wasn't invited by a girl... no fair." He pouted.

I just laughed. "We're just friends, that's all." Finally deciding on an outfit, I changed and looked in the mirror. What to do with my hair? Hmm... maybe I should leave it down, girls like the messy look, right? I decided to go with that, brushing through it, then running my fingers through it. Perfect.

"Dude, you're so handsome. Seriously. Did you get a lot of girls in Korea?" Roy asked, his pouting.

I almost laughed my butt off. "I mean, kind of. I only had one girlfriend, though. Back in like, junior high."

He nodded his head and sighed. "I had a girl, but she's back in Tennessee. I got a scholarship here so I had to move away from her. We broke up the morning I left."

Frowning, I sympathized. "Oh man, I'm sorry."

He just smiled. "It's all good now, we still talk. She said she would wait for me, and might visit during Thanksgiving break."

I was about to reply when I heard a knock on the door. Roy got up and answered it. A familiar blonde was standing in the doorway, cherry red painted on her lips. "Ready, Taemin?"