Six

It's been a week since the party; a week since I've seen Anthea. We talked almost every night, but it was late and I couldn't take up long.

"I'm sorry I call so late," she said and sighed. It was already 11 o'clock and Roy was asleep so I had to be quiet. Normally I would just go outside for a walk while talking to her.

"It's alright," I assured her, "I'm a night owl anyways. I also like talking to you."

I knew she smiled and I did, too. It was all so unreal. Here I was, talking to the girl I thought I would never even meet.

"I like talking to you, too. How are your classes?"

"Fine, but I'm still struggling a bit with English."

"I would offer to help, but I'm busy... Maybe ask Kylie..? She would do it I'm sure."

"Yeah we have the same class that I'm sort of struggling in so I could ask. But talking with you helps too."

I heard shuffling on the other side of the line. "I'm sorry Taemin, I have to go. Talk to you tomorrow okay?"

"Alright. Goodnight Anthea."

"Goodnight, Taemin-shi." She said in Korean.

I smiled, then the line went silent as she hung up. I laid there, with the phone still near my ear. Then, my smile fell. When would I see her again? I forgot she was a celebrity and Sealed Locket was making an album. After an album comes a tour.. She would be gone for a while.

But somethings told me not to give up, so I turned, plugged my phone up and closed my eyes, letting sleep over take me.

---

A few more weeks past and I was walking with Kylie to class. The hot August sun was beating down on my head, warming me up.

"I feel bad," Kylie said and I looked at her as she continued, "you have black hair so your head must get hot." She reached up and touched the top of my head as I looked down at her. "Yeah," she said, making a face, "it's hot."

"I'm used to it," I told her.

She nodded, "I have blonde hair so.." She trailed off and I got her point.

After class, she offered to help me study. "We could do it at my parent's place, they are hardly home so it's quiet."

I nodded and we walked to her car. I got in passenger and she got in driver. "Also, are you allergic to cats?"

I shook my head, "no, do they own one?"

She nodded her head and drove. "Her name is Emma."

She pulled into the drive way of a big house. My eyes widened, "what do you parents do?"

Kylie pursed her lips. "Law firm." She got out and lead me inside. "Are you hungry? There's plenty of food."

I shook my head, "no thanks."

"Yeah me neither." She smiled and went to sit on the couch. "So... I heard you've been talking to Anthea?"

I nodded my head, remembering the night of the party and how I left Kylie. I instantly felt bad.

She nodded and got out her books. "She's a nice girl."

"Do you like her?" I asked.

"We get along well," she smiled. "Our personalities fit nicely but..." She trailed off.

I looked at her expecting more.

"She always gets what she wants."

Oh no.

Kylie saw the looked on my face and waves her hands quickly, "no no she's not a spoiled brat, she is very humble and kind, it's just... Her parents wanted her to do law like the rest of the family, but she sought out music instead. They didn't argue. I wanted to become an architect, but my parents wouldn't let me. And she... always manages to get all the boys." She shrugged.

I got it. Kylie was the leftovers. "I see.." I really didn't know what to say.

Kylie looked at me with her big blue eyes. The next thing I knew, her lips were placed on mine.

My eyes widened in shock. I stared at her.

She scooted closer, reached up to touch my neck. I was frozen, I didn't know what to do.

"Kylie, I have those doc-"

I heard an all too familiar voice. I quickly pulled away from Kylie and looked up to see Anthea. Her lips parted and her eyes wide.

"I-I'm sorry..." She muttered and sets the papers down. "I will go now." She ran out there as fast as she could.

I stood up to go after her but someone grabbed my hand. I looked down to see Kylie pleading. "Don't go."

"I'm sorry," I said, shaking off her grip. "I don't like you like that." I ran off to find Anthea. She was in her car, staring at her steering wheel.

"Anthea?" I said softly.

She looked up in a daze. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to interrupt."

"Look, I-" I started but she didn't let me finish.

"Don't worry about it." She said starting the car and driving off.