Five

"I knew it!" Layla said happily and smiled. "Speaking of Anthea, she should be here any minute..." Scarlett then spoke up, "She texted me. She just parked." Then her pale blue eyes looked at me. "Do you fan boy?" I was confused, "Fanboy?" I blushed at how thick my accent covered the word. "You know... get excited?"

"Excited? What does-" I didn't have time to finish my sentence. The door sudden opened and in walked a gorgeous girl. Her long brown hair reached her waist. Sunglasses sat on top of her head, her beautiful almond brown eyes on full show. In one hand, she had her phone, a book in the other.
"Oh my gosh girls, you will never guess what happened!" She set her stuff on the desk near the door and marched over. I didn't dare look at her. My heart was shaking in my chest. I couldn't do this. I had to get out, she was too close.

"Oh..." she said. I could feel her eyes on me. "Who's this?"

"This is Taemin." Layla announced proudly. "He's from Korea." I slowly looked up to look at Anthea. She was looking at me curiously with big brown eyes. Her head was tilted slightly. Oh, she was so beautiful.

"Hi Taemin." She smiled and held out her hand. I glanced at it, nervous, but I grabbed it gently. "Hello." She gave my hand one shake before pulling away and leaving my hand tingling. "Are you really from Korea?" She asked, sitting beside me on the loveseat. She smelled lightly of flowers. I swallowed hard. "Yes, I am."

"Ah, of course. You have the accent." She smiled politely.

"Our Anthea here loves kpop." Layla said, smiling. "You must know what it is. She loves uh... what are they called again?"

"F(X) and Girl's Generation." Anthea said proudly, smiling ever so beautifully. She was starting to get shy, I could see it in her body movement.

"No boy groups?" I asked lightly. "Like Super Junior? Big Bang?"

"Oh no, no... Knowing myself, I would probably crush too hard on them." She blushed. "But I do listen to BTS. Bangtan seoyeondan? That's how you say it, right?"

I involuntarily shivered when she spoke in Korean. It came off so flawlessly, she even tried to copy a Korean accent. "That's perfect." I praised. Her smile grew wider. I couldn't help but smile back. I was making her smile, I really was... how lucky am I?

"Well, are you ready to go party, Anthea?" Scarlett asked.

"Oh, yes. I just, um, I'm having a bit of a crisis. I totally forgot." Anthea stood up, grabbing Scarlett's hand and lead her to the bathroom.

"Probably some wardrobe malfunction." Brooklyn thought out loud. "She always has those."

"Well," Layla said, standing up, "I don't know about you, but I'm going downstairs."

Brooklyn smirked. "Alright, have fun with your bae." She laughed and stood up. "I might go get a drink." And with that, she left.

"Taemin, you can wait for Scarlett and Anthea if you want. Oh, and a word of advice, Anthea loves aloof guys." She winked and walked out of the room.

Aloof? Didn't that mean indifferent? Silent? How could I be that way to her? Maybe all I have to do is get her curious...

"We're back~" Anthea said in a sing-song voice. "Oh," she frowned, "where did they go?"

Scarlett replied, "Probably downstairs. I'm going." And with that, she left.

Anthea looked at me. "Coming?" She smiled invitingly and I never stood up so fast in my life. "Of course."

~~~

I stayed by Anthea's side the whole time. The music was really loud and she danced slightly next to me. She had a bottle of water in her hand. I learned that she didn't drink, for health reasons. "Wine, maybe, but nothing big," she had said. Everything felt like a dream, I was standing next to my celebrity crush, quite actually dying beside her and she didn't seem to notice at all.