02

(chapter song: fix you - coldplay)
- Melrose Faye -

"Mel," Aspen calls out to me, which only makes me bury my face deeper into the fluffy pillow.

"Mel, wake up. It's already noon."

"Five more minutes," I beg.

It's silent for a moment, but then I'm aggressively thrown out from the comfy bed. Groaning, I rub my eyes and yawn.

"I'm awake now. Did you need something?" I sarcastically retort.

"You have work in thirty minutes, did you forget?" She questions.

It takes a while for me to register what she just said. When I finally realize what she said, it feels as if my eyeballs bulge out of their sockets. What was I thinking?

Aspen notices my shocked expression, and starts laughing at me. "Hurry up and get ready, I'll give you a ride."

Collecting some clothes from my bag I brought to Aspen's house, I quickly shuffle into the bathroom and hop into the shower.

The shower is quick, so I hop out, wrapping a fluffy towel around myself. My hair dampens as I finish towel drying it. Quickly, I brush through it, putting it into a side fishtail braid. Once I have my undergarments on, I slip on a plain white t-shirt and some light mom jeans.

I'm satisfied with how good I managed to get ready in such a short amount of time. I open the door and Aspen has her car keys in her hand, ready to go.

As soon as we exit her house, we hop in the car, making sure to buckle ourselves in. She pulls out of her driveway and goes down the route to my work.

I never expected myself to work at a coffee shop, seeing that I'm horrible at making any kind of drink or food. But surprisingly I've had many compliments on my drinks I can prepare, which boosted my confidence into getting this job. I've been working there for almost a year now.

I hadn't realized we had arrived, due to me looking back on how I got this job, and such. Unbuckling myself from the seat, I open the car door, and exit the car. I turn around as Aspen rolls the window down.

"See you Mel, have a good day," She smiles.

"Bye Aspen, thanks." I wave to her, as she drives off into the heavy traffic.

Taking a deep breath, I push the door open to my work place, causing the bell above the door to jingle. This place always makes me feel at ease, that's one thing that I loved about working here as a barista.

"Melrose, just in time! People are starting to come in fast, get behind the counter asap." My boss Sydney, greets me.

I give her a small nod and go behind the counter, tying an apron around my waist. After looking around for all the things I need to make the drinks on the menu, I set everything in place.

The door bell jingles, and I see a familiar man walk into the small cafe. He slowly approaches me, smirking.

"Well, if it isn't Melrose."

That's when it hits me, the man from yesterday, at the party. His name was — Harry was it?

"Uh — yeah, and you are Harry right?" I reply, trying my best to not speak quietly.

His lips form a smirk, "Glad to know you remembered my name, love."

"No rush sir, but are you going to order?" My cheeks flush at my rudeness.

"Ah, yes. I'll take an espresso to go."

I nod, understanding his order. Turning around, I grab the materials and ingredients I need to prepare the drink. Once I put all the ingredients together, I pour the newly made espresso into the small coffee cup.

As I start to push Harry's coffee cup towards him, he pulls out a twenty dollar bill; slapping it down onto the table.

"Sir —" I start, but then I'm interrupted.

"First off, call me Harry, baby. Secondly, I know the price of the espresso, I just want to give you an extra tip." Harry smirks once again, licking his plump pink lips.

I feel my face heat up, and I take the twenty from the counter, putting the necessary money in, and keeping the tip he gave me.

He starts to walk off before I realize, "Thank you Harry!" I shout, hoping that he heard me.

He turns his head, his eyes meeting me. That's when I see it again, the lust in his eyes. He then replaces it with a small nod, signaling his goodbye.

-
(a/n)
ok short chapter, I know. but I just wanted to put something out there because it's been so long since I've updated.