03

(chapter song: lost - frank ocean)
- Melrose Faye -

The rest of the day at work went by quickly, and before I knew it, I was at home snuggled in my bed. Opening my laptop, I start one of my music playlists and pull out a book. This is usually how I relax after work. It seems dorky, I know.

After an hour, looking at the time I see it's 10:35 pm. Wow, time goes by fast. I close my laptop, yawning while pulling my blanket over my body. Luckily tomorrow I didn't have work.

Speaking of work, I couldn't stop thinking about the mysteriously attractive man. I wasn't happy with myself for thinking so highly of an older man. Something about him sparked my interest, and I wanted more and more of that feeling.

Another part of me wanted to just forget about the whole thing. But something in the back of my mind tells me that wasn't going to be the last time I'll be seeing him.

-

"Aspen, I've already heard this story a million times."

"Wait what?" Aspen furrows her eyebrows.

"When you were drunk after the party, you kept rambling about how hot Reese was — and a few other dirty things that I'm not gonna mention for your sake." I explain, chuckling as I say the last of it.

Her mouth goes into the shape of an 'o' and she covers her face with her hands.

"Don't worry, I made sure you hadn't told anyone else and embarrassed yourself," I reassure her.

"Ah, what would I do without you Mel?" Aspen jokes.

I laugh and hug her, "I don't want to go to school tomorrow, ugh." I sigh.

"Ok I get it Mel, you don't like school," Aspen laughs.

Looking at her, I smile. "So what's up with you and Reese now? Is it awkward?"

"Actually he hasn't texted me since. Looks like I got played," She shrugs.

That's what I love about Aspen. How she can be so care free and doesn't care about what other people think of her or say about her. She is the most confident person I've ever met.

"Well I mean come on — Reese was an obvious fuckboy," I joke, earning a laugh from Aspen.

"You never told me how the party was for you." Aspen says.

My eyes widen suddenly, making me bite my lip. Should I tell her about Harry? I don't think she would care. Or maybe I should just tell her, after all she is my best friend.

"Mel?" Aspen speaks while waving her hand in front of my face.

"Oh, sorry. Uh — I just went to the kitchen to get some water and I just danced the whole night."

"That's all?" She questions.

Maybe it's best I don't tell her. I mean, I'm hoping I'm not gonna develop any kind of relationship with Harry if I ever see him again.

I nod my head at her, "What time is it?"

"It's 8 o'clock," Aspen says casually. Her eyes widen suddenly. "Oh shit! I forgot I had to be home by 7:30."