Chapter 7

I watch in awe as Louis sings on up on the stage. He chose "How To Save A Life" by the Fray, and he's a really good singer. His voice is light and airy and you can't help but smile when he hits a high note. When he's done I stand up and whistle, clapping my hands above my head.

"Yeah Louis!" I yell to him. He smiles at me and walks off stage, heading back over to where I'm seated.

"How was that? Better than Mr. Blonde boy over here?" He looks at Niall. Niall stares back at him, unchanging.

I sit in between them. "Both of you are incredible. I couldn't tell you who's better."

Yes you can. 

What? I push my subconcious thought away.

"I'm gonna get going, I have to get back to my apartment, it's pretty long of a walk." Niall tells us after finishing off his pint of beer. "It was nice to meet both of you." He looks at me with gazing eyes. "It meant a lot that you went out of your way to come find me singing." He stands up from his bar stool, gives a head nod, and then vanishes within the crowd.

~~~

"So, was this a date?" I ask Louis as we walk back to his car. We watched three more performers before getting tired of the place.

Louis looks at me, bewildered, before opening his door.

"Did you want it to be?" He gives me a cheeky smile.

I don't know. 

I stand there, silent, confused as to what to say. I don't really want it to be a date, I mean... I was supposed to go to a party in the first place. What if he starts to like me? Fuck, I shouldn't have gone here without Connor. I shouldn't have come at all. Why didn't I go to that stupid party with my stupid friends? 

Louis stares at my frightened expression before bursting out into hysterical laughter. 

What's so funny?

"I'm only fucking with you, Rae." He says in between small laughs.

I put my hand over my heart. "I really didn't know what to say. I didn't want to hurt your feelings." I confess while taking a seat on the passenger side.

Louis turns on the ignition and pulls out of the parking spot. "I have a boyfriend anyway. No harm done to my feelings."

Boyfriend?

Louis is gay?

"You're gay?!" I blurt out. Shit, that sounded rude. "I mean, I'm not saying it's a bad thing, I love gay people, I mean I don't love specifically gay people, I love all people, I just-" Louis cuts me off.

"Woah, girl, relax, it's fine." He pats my shoulder. "Yes, I'm gay." He chuckles.

I stay silent for a few moments before asking him who his boyfriend is.

"His name is Harry. He lives back home in England. I miss him terribly." His eyes frown.

"What's he like?" I ask, curious.

Louis goes into full detail about his soulmate. He's tall, tan, with dark curly brown hair and beautiful emerald eyes. He tells me how he loves when his dimples pop when he laughs, and the way he bites his lip when he's concentrating. 

I watch Louis' face as he gushes to me. His face beams when he talks about Harry. It's a beautiful thing to watch. Their love sounds pure, and just, right.

"I love him. He makes me so happy." Louis finishes off. By the time he's done talking we're back in my driveway. 

But before I get out of the car, I ask Louis, "Does Connor know? Like, does he know you play for the same team?"

His forehead creases and there's a moment of silence. "No..." he finally says. "I haven't told him. I haven't told anyone really. I mean, in the states. Back home everyone knows." He takes a breath. "I'm not going to step off the plane right as I land and scream 'I'm gay everybody!' ya know?"

I shake my head, understanding. "I get that." I open the passenger door and get out of the car. But before closing it, I turn around and stick my head back into the vehicle. "Thanks for tonight, I had an awesome time." I smile at the night we had. "You have an amazing voice." 

"Thanks... I had fun too." He smiles. I shut the passenger door and begin to walk away, reaching my steps and quickly trotting up them. 

"Hey, don't forget!" I hear Louis call back to me. His window is rolled down and his adorable little head is sticking out of his car, making his fringey hair blow in all directions. "Me going up on that stage and singing was a bet, remember? You owe me something!" He calls to me.

I forgot about that. "Like what?" 

The creases in his forhead return. "Umm, I'm not sure yet! I'll figure something out!" He rolls the window back up and speeds away.

I shake my head, unlocking the door and stepping into my dark house. Louis is definitely something. I'm glad we've become friends. I was quite lonely with just Regina and Scarlette. I don't really connect with them...

"Shit!" I curse. I forgot to text them saying I couldn't go to their party. I scramble into my bag and pull out my phone.

7 New Text Messages 

We're outside.

Where the fuck are you?

Hello, Rae, we're outside your house, why aren't you answering?

Did you fucking blow us off?

Rae we invited you to this exclusive party and you decide to just ditch us?

We're leaving now... if you're not at the party then I guess you don't give a shit.

Had somewhere better to be than hanging out with your best friends I see. Fuck you.

Shit.

Shit shit shit shit shit.

I am so sorry guys. I completely forgot to check my phone. I was going to go get ready and then this kid Connor and his friend Louis came by my house and invited me to this club called Zeusos. Well, I only went with Louis but he kind of persuaded me into going. Don't hate me, I still love you guys. I'm so sorry. I'll make it up to you I swear!

I quickly send the text to both Regina and Scarlette, waiting for World War III to start.

[Please leave comments! I want to know what you think!]