Chapter 13

Hurry up, Connor's getting fidgety over here.

I read Louis' text and politely look back up at Niall. "Hey, I have to go back to my friends. It was awesome singing with you."

"Yeah, you too." He shyly smiles.

I get up from the table and return back over to Connor and Louis, leaving Niall to himself.

"You were amazing Rae. Literally, outstanding." Connor gushes right as I take a seat.

"Thanks Connor," I blush. Compliments always make me flustered.

"Extraordinary." Louis adds.

I roll my eyes at him. He's the one who made me go up there and sing because of that stupid bet. I was so nervous. I have never performed in front of that many people before. I haven't performed in front of anyone, actually.

"Mhm, but no more bets from now on!" I giggle.

"You liked it, I can tell." Louis wiggles his eyebrows up and down.

"Did not!" I stick my tongue out at him.

Me and Louis join in laughter, but Connor sits stiff as a board in his seat.

Louis notices Connor's behavior. "What's up your ass, Connor?" 

"Louis!" I slap his arm. 

"Ow!"

I scowl at him. "Don't be rude."

"I've told you before, I'm only messing around. Right Connor?"

"Yup." His voice is stern.

~~~

CONNOR'S POV

"Wanna go?" I whisper.

Louis and Rae are looking pretty bored as they watch this old haggard woman sing some Janis Joplin song.

"Yeah." They say at the same time.

I swear, they're in love.

And that pisses me off.

We get up from the table and maneuver our way around the overcrowding tables in the small bar. It smells like beer and a mixture of cologne. It burns my nose.

Throughout all the heads, Louis' and Rae's start to disappear. Ugh, I hate being seperated from people. This is why I don't go out often.

"Excuse me, pardon me." I push through all the people.

"Hi! You're friends with Rae, aren't ya?" I hear a thick, Irish accent amongst the crowd, and I whip my head around trying to find the source.

An arm grabs onto my shoulder and I jerk it backwards. Warm beer spills on my jacket and I groan.

"Sorry lad!" I turn my neck to find the blondie from before.

He's holding a pint and he's apologetically wiping his hand on my shoulder.

"Didn't mean ta spill it, someone pushed me." 

"Ugh! Now my mom's going to think I was drinking! I smell like beer!" 

His mouth curls into a frown and he sets the glass on a nearby table. "I'm sorry! I'll take it to get washed, if that's what ya'd like?" He grabs a few napkins from the table and starts frantically wiping them on me.

"Dude, it's okay. Sorry I flipped out." I push his hand away and he shoves the napkins into his pocket.

"Ya sure?"