Chapter 16

A/N: The picture on the side is what Rae's costume would look like, except that model has small boobs & Rae's are bigger... you get the picture. CLEAVAGE lol.

I knock on Louis' front door and wait for someone to open up. I texted Louis after he hung up on me asking if he could come with me to pick out my Halloween costume.

I tap my foot against the doormat that says "WELCOME" in big, curly letters. The wind is starting to pick up and this thin jean jacket I'm wearing is not sufficing.

I finally hear footsteps near the door, and when the dark, chestnut wood finally swings open, a tall, tan, curly-headed boy with jade eyes smiles at me.

"I... um, is... am I at the right house?" I stutter out. Do I have the wrong address? I've never actually been over Louis' house before.

"Who's house are you looking for?" A deep, thick British accent seeps out of his voice and two prominent dimples pop on his cheeks.

Holy hell, this is Harry.

"Harry?" My eyes widen.

Just then Louis appears behind the boy and lanks his arm around his shoulders. "Rae!"

"Hi..." My voice sounds like a whisper. "Your boyfriend is hot, Lou." I blurt out.

Harry bursts out laughing and Louis covers his mouth with his tiny hand, stifling a giggle.

"He's a charmer." Louis says through a smile, looking up at Harry, who is at least three inches taller than him.

Harry looks down at Louis and brings his hand up to the top of his head, ruffling his fluffy, light brown hair. May I add that Harry's hands are also very large. Everything about this boy is double Louis' size.

"Ready to go?" Louis asks me, playfully grabbing Harry's wrist that is still curled in his hair and shoving his hand into Harry's tight jean pocket.

"I don't want this there!" Harry exclaims, pulling his hand back out of his pocket. "I want it here." He takes a hold of Louis' hand and interlocks their fingers. The contrast in size makes my heart flutter, and it literally takes everything in me not to "awww" like a five year old girl.

Louis looks down at their entwined hands and then back up to Harry's face, looking into his eyes. He almost forgets that I'm here, because he snaps his head back up out of surprise when I clear my throat.

"Don't make me vomit." I tease. They're actually the cutest things I've ever seen, but I don't want to go all goo-goo on them.

~~~

"So you were gone for two years?" Harry asks me from the front seat. All three of us are now in the car and I just finished explaining to Harry that I used to have cancer.

"Yeah." I said cooly. "It wasn't very fun." I look out the window.

"I'm really sorry to hear about that." He says out of empathy. "But let's focus on the present, you're healthy now!" He says.

I smile, revealing all my teeth and Harry's looks back at me from the rearview mirror. "I like your outlook on life, Harry."

"Half glass full, am I right?" He asks, cocking an eyebrow.

"Of course."

We finally arrive at the store and Louis pulls into the parking lot.

"Not too slutty Louis, I mean it." I tell him.

He opens up his car door quickly and hops out. "Rae, I had to give up on the Playboy bunny idea so I promise it won't be too slutty."

"Yeah, yeah." I swat at his arm.