Chapter Two

Justin's P.O.V.

We hopped into the car and I buckled Fleinia up. She then giggled and opened her Wal-Mart bag, pulling out a stuffed bear. It was a brown Kodiak Bear. It's black, round eyes were scratched up a little, its plastic nose was also a dark black and looked as if it has been stitched up a few times, along with its right back foot, and finally It stands on all four feet and has a small, short tail on it's well, you should know where a tail goes.

This stuffed bear was more realistic looking compared to most teddy bears.

She hugged this bear tight in her arms and talked to it a couple times. I finally got curious.

"What you got there?"

"Kody Bear. He is a bear."

"That is nice. Where did you get him?"

"My mommy gave him to me along time ago before she got mean." She looked at the floor in a seemingly sad way.

"Do you play with him a lot?" I asked a new question, trying to get her not to think of her mother.

She looked up at me and smiled. "Oh, yes! We play all the time. I also sleep with him. He protects me at night."

She hugged Kody Bear again, but harder this time.

"That's good."

"Yeah."

Around twenty minutes into the trip home, I decided it was about time for us to get something to eat. Fleinia seemed hungry too which supported my decision.I asked her where she wanted to eat and she shrugged her shoulders. I guess she doesn't go out to eat, much.
I just to the driver to head over to McDonalds.

The driver called the manager ahead of time and asked that they clear out the restaurant. When we got there, I started to unbuckled Fleinia and when I got done she grabbed one of Kody Bear's front legs.

"Fleinia, you should leave Kody Bear in the car so we don't accidentally loose him or leave him at the restaurant when we leave."

She pouted a little, but soon enough obeyed and left him in the car. She then signaled me to pick her up. I grabbed her and lifted her up, sitting her on my shoulders and holding legs.

I started walking to the door.

"Run, Justin! Go faster!"

"I don't really think I sh..."

"Please." She interrupted me before I could finish my sentence.

"Fine." I said in a 'I give up tone".

I ran a round a little in the parking lot then heading inside. As I went through the door, I forgot to take her down from my shoulder and "womp!" her head hit the top of the door frame.

She started crying. I sat her down on a table. There was a huge bump on her head where it got hit. God, I felt terrible for what just happened. I looked her right in the eyes.

"Oh, I'm so sorry! Are you okay?"

"Em-mm" She shook her head 'no' and continued crying.

A lady who worked there quickly brought a small bag of ice and I grabbed it from her.

"Thank you, ma'am." I bent down to Fleinia's level, "Fleinia, this might be cold but it will make your head feel better."

"Okay." She sniffled a little as she began to stop crying.

I softly place it on her head. She flinched a little but then held it to her head.

"I'm so sorry, Fleinia. I didn't mean for that to happen."

"I.., it's okay." She stuttered a little then hugged me with one arm, as she held the bag of ice to her head with the other. "You got to kiss my booboo though. You forgot to do that, silly." She poked my nose.

"I'm sorry. Here."

I kissed the place that got hit then ruffled her hair a little.

"Don't do that!" She with a mad tone.

"Sorry, sorry, geeze..... Well, you hungry?"

"You bet!"

"What do you want?"

"Uuuummm"

I could tell that she wasn't use to picking what she wanted as she hard a hard time with this.

"You can have whatever you want. The kid meals have a toy in them."

"Really? I want want one of those!"

"Chicken nuggets or hamburger?"

"Chicken nuggets."

"Okay, then." I walked up to the cash register. "One chicken nugget happy meal and one McRib with a medium coke."

She told me the price and I gladly gave her the money.

"Fleinia, what drink to you want?"

"What you are getting."

"I'm getting coke."

"Okay."

I filled her tiny kids meal cup with coke, then mine. We sat down at the table that right in front of the McDonald's play ground.

"I want to go play."

"Eat first."

"No!"

"Fleinia, eat first."

"Hmph!" She crossed her arms and looked at me mad."

"Wow! I can make that face too." I tried to copy her. She just laughed then started eating. I think I won.

"You funny, Justin!"

"I know I am." I said with pride.

Afterwards she played on the play ground a little, then we left.

After I buckled her in we headed home. This time with no stops, other than get gas.

With in what felt like a hundred hours we were home.

"Fleinia, wake up. We're home."