Chapter 6

Shatter looked out to the entrance of their den, he walked over to the metal mask looking at it taking it off the wall examining the mask, some parts of the mask was damaged but it was mostly intact. He felt the mask the beak part was partly damaged from a battle a longtime ago, and a few cracks from many moons of not tending to the mask like most owls did in the tree. Shatter felt along the cracks with his talons feeling an urge to know about the mask and it's history, but most of all why he never met his father, and why a lot of the owlets always called him masked beak, or tyrant. All he knew was that he did nothing wrong, his mind was foggy of confusion and sorrow. He thought through as much as he could of why his father must have been so bad that caused all of his bulling. Shattered turned his head as soon as he heard owls heading towards the room making him hide the mask before going and hid in a small crack in their room that he hid in when he got scarred. Two guards came out from the hall into the room wearing their armor, making shattered confused as the guards weren't suppose to come to this room during the night. He quickly went and hid under his mother's wing closing his eyes listening to them walk, it felt like hours passed before they passed by the room. His heart was pounding heavily in his chest as he hid he didn't realize he fell asleep.