Chapter 7

Shattered yawned waking up from the light shinning into the room as his mother had returned with breakfast for him and her. He got up walking over to her before he started to eat the breakfast his mother got them. He'd go to the door but it swings open as two Guards came in causing his mother to get between Shattered and the guards asking them, "what are you two doing in our den?"

One of the guards spoke up to Shattered's mom, "King's order." Shattered's mother looked at him before she said to him, "to your room sweetie." Shattered went back to his room as he felt his father's mask he had taken it into his room so he could think of his father while he slept. He looked out the window in his room to see the sea and he could barely see very far as a storm cloud was rolling in slowly.

Shattered soon heard his door open as he hid the mask into his bag. His mother came into the room as the guards were searching the rooms, she asked him softly and quietly, "can you pack up sweetie? We might have to move soon." Shattered felt his heart crack from the news of them moving but he gave his mother a nod and began packing up his stuff.

Shattered walked out with his bag on his back, he followed his mother as she spoke to him, "we are leaving the hollow sweetie, we aren't allowed to stay anymore." Shattered looked at her with a confused look as he asked her, "why? Did we do something wrong?"

"No, but the king doesn't want us around anymore. He said we aren't welcomed and we will be taken by the guards to a new place we can stay," she said to Shattered gently patting his head. They walked up to a large male owl with black and brown feathers and who asked softly, "Krana and Shattered, Correct?" "Yes," She said to the older owl as he nods speaking, "than come, we are off to your new home." Shattered's mom picked him up in her talons as they left the hollow following the guard.