ix.

Photograph ; Chapter Nine ❁

Cara

I grabbed a transparent glass from the cupboard and filled it all the way with water from the dispenser. The door opened and Joshua entered with two suspicious looking plastic bags. With hair twitched from all directions and sweat stained shirt, he marched towards the kitchen counter wearing an annoyed look on his face. He dropped one of the plastic bags before retreating to his room.

"Ribs!" Mr. Collin  yelled from his room which startled me, "I smell ribs!"

I stood behind the rest of the models. The fact that they were towering and I wasn't even able to reach the height of their shoulders was depressing enough. And with what happened yesterday? I refuse to stand out.

Joshua's here. Their gaze had halted. He must've been used to that, the sudden pose of the world as it looked his way inside the room. Everyone gaped open as they observed his sharp jaw, chin, and cheekbones. On either side of his nose were two blazing hazel eyes. His dark brows were currently furrowed in a frown. All of it sat under his tawny, caramel hair. Someone might mistake him as a model.

Joshua left the house earlier than me and I'm pretty sure it's faster to go by car than the bus.

Really. This guy and his cocky personality.

"Let's start." He called in and with a snap of his fingers, the photoshoot rolled.

I have to be honest, I felt envy seeing these model's bodies. This one has milk pale skin that looks really soft as if it would bounce back when you pat it. The other had darker skin that shines like a polished stone, even when sweating. They're skinny and drop dead gorgeous. Elongated legs are a strength.

These beautiful ladies can have any men they want.

"Cara T."

I just don't get why they would fall for someone like Joshua Hoe-ng. It was said that despite all the opportunity that came his way he was a one-woman-man. That he wasn't just handsome, but inside he was beautiful.

YOU HAVE NO IDEA

"Cara T!"

I mean look at him, ugh, he's giving me goosebumps. He's not even that good-looking.

Y'all are over-reacting.

"Cara!"
"Y-Yes?" I was floating.

"You're next."

Shrouded in one of the long and loose dresses, I stood in the middle of the platform. If it weren't for the mint color it would've been perfect for a wedding gown. I had the flowers in my hand, when I realized my shoes were unclasped. I arched my back and reached for the strap.

"You may go now." Joshua said in a cold tone.

"Excuse me?" What's happening? There wasn't even a camera flash. It didn't even took me a minute to stand on stage.

"That's a wrap everyone! Thank you for your hard work." My photo was flashed on the screen. It was a nice shot but-

"I can do more."