Chapter Three

Mark: I'm so sorry; 2:03AM

Please; 2:05AM

Y/N?; 2:20AM

I really fucked up; 2:53AM

I miss you; 3:21AM

Does he really? Cause, if he missed you, he would have texted you back or called you in those four years he's been absent from your life. He would have checked on you. He would have done something to show that he actually cared about your friendship. If he "missed you", why would he miss you now?

He had chosen the sweetest words to win your heart, but the most poisonous actions to break it.

He had let go of that hand he grabbed, watching your body and soul sink down -- back to where you used to be...

~~~

Mark's messages never stopped popping up on your phone screen. You'd been ignoring them for several months now, and it was getting harder and harder to resist replying back to him. You so badly wanted to push away those hurt feelings and just talk to your once best friend again. It was heartbreaking for you, and you were sure it was for Mark, too. Whatever reason he had that convinced him to stop talking to you, had better be a good one. 

You had some free time for the next few days, as you waited for the new Semester to start up at your college. One more Semester until you graduate, and you can finally start your life. You've been waiting for this moment forever -- especially after Mark convinced you that you'd have the perfect life if you would just make it through this rough bump in the road. You'd been sitting around, strumming a soothing tune on your guitar and you began to think deeply about several things.

Like how he promised you that you and him would make it through these bumps in the road. But, where has he been these years? YouTube? Was that more important than you to him?

Throughout the months, you caught yourself having sudden needs to watch his videos, to keep up with the Markimoo you always knew and loved. But, you couldn't push yourself to do it. You continued staying away. If he could live without you for so long, then so can you.

You can't stay away forever.

~~~

Your friend approached you a week later after your deep thinking over Mark and your life with him. She talked quietly, almost sadly. What was she upset about? You kept asking her what was wrong, but she replied with, "nothing," or "just a little stressed with the new semester,". That was, until you were about to leave. You needed to head back to your dorm and study some drawings for class the next morning.