Chapter Four

As soon as the phone rang twice, you ended the call just as fast as you dialed it.

You bit your lip and set the phone down next to you on the bed. The video of Mark you had just watched was well over with and the next one was automatically playing. You wanted to call him, you wanted to make everything right again. He really is torn about what he had done to you.

His voice caught your attention again, his features in the center of your screen. You could tell this video was older, considering his hair wasn't that vibrant blue like it was in the video of him saying he was sorry. You looked back on the date, and it happened to be only a few years ago. You moved the computer next to you, laying down and snuggling up with your blanket and watching the video. You decided you needed to catch up with Mark this way first, before actually talking to him.

You saw another video over to the side, seeing a freaky thumbnail for it with a bear on it. Mark titled it, "SCARIEST GAME IN YEARS!" and you decided that it would be interesting to watch if Mark thought it was terrifying. As soon as the home screen for the game popped up, you knew why. Mark always had a fear of animatronics and manikins- why was he playing this game?

As you watched, you'd jump when Mark did, and snuggle up more in your blanket with things got tense. You screeched when Foxy jumped out, and quickly paused the video after Mark yelled with you.

"Shit, Mark why are you playing this.." You huffed, trying to catch your breath and calm your heart beat. That was scary.

You decided it was time to watch something a little more cheerful, and you clicked on Mark's Mario Maker videos. You giggled every time Mark made a stupid decision, and it ended with him wasting another life. He would get really angry every so often, and it'd make you laugh more.

"Something's never change, huh?" You breathed quietly to yourself when the current video you were watching ended. You sighed, shutting the screen on the laptop and set it on the floor next to your bed. You needed sleep, but sleep wouldn't take you over that night. Instead, Mark did. Thoughts of him filled your head, and you couldn't focus on anything but him.

Pulling out your phone, you clicked his name in the contact list, and hovered your thumb over the call button. You did this several times throughout the night, but never pressed it again.

~~

You didn't get hardly any sleep in the past few weeks. You haven't gotten anything done for your classes- only working on stuff for them during the time you were suppose to be there. You needed to finish college strong and graduate - you were, but were falling behind in a few of your classes - but instead, you were contemplating whether or not to really call him. You don't even know what you would say to him, "Hey, I saw your video. Yeah, you really hurt me but I accept your apology and let's meet up,"

No, it wasn't ever that easy.

And what he did to you, was not that forgivable. It would take time for you to accept his apology.

You were currently pacing back and forth around your dorm, phone in hand, thumb above the call button again. You were in a panic- your heart was telling you to call him, to tell him about college and how much you've missed him and that you're so happy he still thinks about you. But, your mind is telling you that he's just another jerk, that he's doing this to get sympathy from his fans, that he doesn't really miss you at all.

You did this for another week or so - the constant battle inside yourself. You'd be graduating in a week, and you really needed to get some stuff done. You set your phone down finally, leaving it there. You needed to focus for now. You convinced yourself that he'd be so proud of you if you finished school.

~~

It'd been a hard couple of days, but you completed all your work and turned it in just in time. Your professor was pleasantly surprised with the work too, considering it was done within 48 hours. You smiled happily at them, and went back to your dorm room, unlocking your phone and seeing Mark's name was still open in the contacts.

"Someone please tell me what I should do," You breathed, sadly, pacing again. You silently went over to the stereo, plugging in your iPod and turning up some soft music. It wasn't anything loud like you usually liked, it was more of your quiet, calm, thinking music. It had gotten dark since you'd been outside five minutes ago. You hated how dark it got lately, but nothing you could say or do would change this. You closed the shade on the window when you felt an idea hit you like a truck. You smirked and went back to your phone, searching through your gallery.

You sat on the floor, back to your bed and legs crossed. You knew you had several pictures of you and Mark, but you wondered if that would make a difference with what you were about to do.

"There you are," You mumbled, taking in the photo once more. The photo was of you and Mark being playful for pictures for your senior prom during high school. That was the last year you saw him in person, before he announced he was moving away. You loved this picture so much, it's the reason why you kept it on your phone. It showed your relationship and both personalities so well, and how you both came as one in the friendship. It made you laugh quietly.

You open up the twitter app, and hit upload photo. You wrote, "Life sometimes takes you into troubled waters not to drown you, but to cleanse you, @ markiplier,"

You hit send, and waited for a response.