Chapter Five

"God, you look so beautiful," Mark said quietly, still in awe that you went all out for tonight. It was unlike you to dress this way, but you figured tonight was very special and you wanted to remember it forever.

"Shush," You huffed, cheeks stained rose. "It's nothing special,"

"Are you kidding me?" He scoffed, looking at you like he couldn't believe you'd even say that. "You always look beautiful, but seeing you dressed up like this for me is just stunning,"

Your face felt hotter and you smacked his chest lightly. "Stop it! I don't wanna look all flushed for the photos, you jerk,"

Mark laughs, the waves vibrating your hand that was still placed on his chest. You sigh happily at that - this was a perfect moment and you knew it'd trail into a perfect night. He wrapped an arm around you, and led you outside to where your mother was waiting. She was so excited to take pictures and to have someone else take pictures of you two. You insisted that you didn't need a photographer, you guys weren't getting married; it was only prom.

Then again, the only prom you would ever have in your life. With the most perfect person on the planet. Well, in your mind he was.

"Oh my god, you're so beautiful, Y/N!" Your mom squealed, seeing you two walk out of the house finally, as she ran over to you both. "Mark, you're looking so handsome, oh my god, I'm glad I have someone here to take pictures..."

You both laughed at how excited she was. You wished Mark's mom was as happy as your mom was. Well, you wished she even cared at all about you since you and Mark have been friends forever.

"I wish Dad was here to take pictures with us too," You breathed out quietly. You felt a slight squeeze around your waist, Mark holding you tighter. He always insisted that you not head down memory lane when good times were going on. He just wanted you to be happy.

"I do too, sweetie," Your mom breathed, giving you a weak smile. "He'd be amazed at how much you've grown and how beautiful you are. He'd be thrilled to see Mark with you too, he always thought he'd be a perfect boyfriend,"

That caused your face to flame up again, and you glanced at Mark and noticed his cheeks looked a little flushed now, too.

"Mom, we aren't dating," You giggled. Although, sometimes you thought you were. Nothing would ever change though, you'd still act the same around each other. "W-we should start taking pictures now. We don't wanna be late to the dance,"

"Right! Right," Your mom stammered, moving away and walking with you guys around to the backyard. Your family didn't have much money, and even less when your father died. However, he did have some money stashed in case of anything that might happy, such as an emergencies. The bank notified your mother, sending it all into her account. The house got paid off, and you had a huge backyard with a garden. You smiled when you smelt all the beautiful flowers growing. You were proud of them; your mother and you worked so hard to make it look this nice.