Chapter 6

My house was empty as it always was. The image of JB's hand filled my head, how could a wound that bloody and severe disappear in seconds? I had to call James but he had been through so much today that I didn't want to bother him. He needs to rest. Who could I ask? Maybe I was going insane, maybe he didn't cut his hand but that doesn't explain the blood. I saw blood but when I looked at his hand there was none. Not a drop. I threw my bag on to the floor and collapsed on to my bed where I screamed in to my pillow. This was my first day as JB's girlfriend and it was already getting complicated. I had to forget, it was probably just my imagination. My phone buzzed in my pocket, I reached in and seen that I had a new message.

*can I come to yours instead tonight?
-JB x*

*sure. Come over whenever x*

I know I sounded blunt but my head was in complete shambles. How can someone not bleed when they get cut? It's just not possible. My door made a banging noise, I went down the stairs and seen JB standing outside. That was quick, I thought. I opened the door and he stood there looking nervous.

"Hey" he muttered.

"Hi. You can come in" I said.

He slowly took a step in to the house. He looked around avoiding my gaze which wasn't like him. I walked past him and he followed me in to my room where he gently sat down on the bed.

"Are you okay?" I asked him slightly worried.

"I know you're confused about today" he said.

"I'm sorry for the way I acted JB. I was seeing things" I said to him.

"Oh" he said shocked at my response.

"Can we forget about it and just lay here?" I said going over and standing in front of him.

"Sounds good to me" he said.

I smiled as I went over to the bed and layed down. JB layed next to me putting his arm around me and pulling me in to him.

"So why the change of plans?" I asked curiously.

"Well just thought it would be a good idea to spend some days at your house" he said.

I nodded as I put on the TV, there was nothing good on so we just put a horror movie on. We snuggled not saying a word to each other, just enjoying each others company. My stomach rumbled interrupting the scares that were happening in the movie.

"Hungry?" JB asked jokingly.

"Kind of. I'm going to make some food, want some?" I asked.

"Nah I'm not hungry" he said quickly.

"Okay" I said getting up from the bed.

JB got up too and followed me in to the kitchen where I started to cook. Usually I wasn't trusted in the kitchen since James said I was a health hazard but he wasn't here to tell me off. JB stood at the end of the kitchen watching my every move making me feel uneasy. It was like his eyes were staring in to my soul, like he could see everything that I had been hiding.

I went in to the drawer closest to me and pulled out a knife and began chopping some tomatoes. The knife slipped and cut my finger drawing blood.

"Ow fuck" I said looking at my finger.

I turned to see JB but he had his back to me. I could see his face in the window but he looked different, his eyes were now jet black and dark vein type lines went down the bottom of his eyes. He looked demonic and creepy, like something out of my nightmares. His breathing was heavy and shallow.

"JB are you okay?" I asked concerned and scared.

"I need the bathroom" he said quickly running off to the bathroom.

I was left standing in kitchen tending to my tiny cut. Why did he act like that and what happened to his face? His face went from perfect to demon within seconds. I've never seen someone go that way before, this couldn't be allergies so what the hell happened to him? I put a small plaster on my finger and went upstairs to find JB but he was no where to be found.

"JB" I called out hoping to hear his voice.

The bathroom was empty as was my bedroom. There was a note on my bed that had JB's handwriting on it. I picked up the note and began to read it.

"I can't explain it Taylor. But I want to.
I will see you tomorrow to answer all of your questions.
I'm sorry

JB x"

My hand trembled as I held the note. How is he going to explain this? How did he leave my house without passing me? I looked over to my open window and sighed. What was happening to my life and how was JB going to explain himself tomorrow?