Chapter 9

JB was gone when I woke up. He left a note on my bed, his handwriting put mine to shame but what could I expect from someone whose lived for over a century.

Taylor, I've gone to get some blood from my house since it been a while.
Be back soon

JB x

It was still going to take ages to get used to the fact that he doesn't eat food and drinks blood. I threw myself out of bed and headed downstairs to make myself something to eat. After making some cereal I sat on the couch and watched some TV. There was nothing good so I settled on rewatching Friends. It wasn't long after starting the episode that JB came in to the living room.

"Hey" I said.

"Hey" he said sitting down next to me.

We watched Friends in silence. I wondered if he was like me, had seen the episodes a billion times. Did he watch it when it first came out? I and so many questions but I pretty much bombarded him with questions last night so I should probably hold off with the questions.

"You don't have to hold off with the questions" he said.

I looked up at him startled. Him being able to read my mind is going to get really annoying.

"So now you can read my mind" I said jokingly.

"And yeah I did watch Friends when it came out" he said

"Well that's good" I said.

"I talked to the guys" he said.

"And?"

"They already knew that I was going to tell you. Damn BamBam told them" he said giggling.

I laughed with him. I loved the bond he had with those guys, a bond that reminded me of the bond I have with James.

"Oh I need to phone James" I said getting up from the couch and getting my phone from my room.

I scrolled through my contacts and clicked on James. He picked up after one ring.

"Hey hun" I said down the phone.

"Hey" he said.

"How are you?" I asked slightly worried.

"I feel a lot better. Thank you for helping me" he said.

"No need to thank me. You're my best friend and this is what I'm here for"

"Good. So how are you and JB?" He asked.

I went silent for a bit. There was no way I could tell James that my boyfriend told me that him and his friends are vampires.

"We're really good. Spent the entire weekend together"

"Ohhhh anything happen?"

"No. I think we're going to wait a little bit before we do anything"

"Aw how romantic. Look I gotta go okay, see you later"