Chapter 8

Here is chapter 8! I am soooo excited about this chapter.... NOW is when it gest interesting, jsut as it is in real life....when our faith is tested! We need to withstand our temptaions. As God's Word says, He ALWAYS puts a way out of our temptaions, for when we withstand it, He will make a way for it bbe put under us, and we are the winner through Christ Jesus, our Lord.

THank you all for the support! -Careforbooks! -Enjoy the chapter!- Ps. CHapter 9 will be up tomorrow:)

--------

Chapter 8

There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it. - 1 Corinthians 10:13 -

(Ethan’s P.O.V)

Ethan stood in the bathroom at their house, alone and afraid. He watched tear after tear slowly drip down his angered face. He shook his head vigorously as he clenched his fists at his side.

Why?” He screamed out loud to God. He shook his head as he began to sob. “Why?” He said this time through his sobs.

He slid to the floor and buried his hands as his elbows were rested on his knees.

After a few minutes of letting himself grieve, he knew one thing that would completely erase his memory. Although it was just for a little while, he knew it would help him forget. Just for a little while. He didn’t really want to, but he felt like he needed to.

He got up and wiped his face roughly with his hands and sniffled. He got dressed in a pair of dark jeans and a black polo shirt. He slipped on his TOM’s and grabbed his keys. On his way to Drop-town Liquor, he thought about what he was fixing to do.

What would Madeline think of him if he drank again? Would she hate him for it? Or even worse, leave him? He didn’t know what she would do, but he knew what he was fixing to do. He knew his spiritual side was screaming at him right now.

But, his selfish flesh was fighting it.

After ten minutes, he was finally back at his house, sitting on the sofa in the den. With the open liquor bottle in hand, he studied it. He rubbed its cold surface gently as he remembered how many times he had done this in his past. He knew the since of “peace” it had promised him over and over again.

But, he also remembered the hurt he had brought to many by becoming an alcoholic. He knew that this one drink could lead to him having another and before he knew it, he was, yet again, an alcoholic.

He knew that he needed the drink, but he also knew that God wouldn’t like it.

As a tear slipped down his right cheek, he remembered a specific verse in the Bible that Madeline had told him when he was still a partier. He remembered her words to this day.

“Don’t you know that God loves you? That he wants you to come to Him instead of pouring out your grief sorrows and pain into a bottle? He want’s you to understand that He is your peace. He is your joy and comfort. Ethan, you can go to Him with anything. He loves you. In the Bible, in Proverbs chapter two, it says, ‘My son, if thou wilt receive my words, and lay up my commandments with thee. . . . Then shalt thou understand the fear of the Lord, and find the knowledge of God’. If you will just go to Him and give Him your burdens, He will take care of you. You can be His child. He loves you.”