Chapter 9

Here is Chapter 9 all of my lovely fans and lovely ppl who have read this, voted for this, commented on this...I REALLLLY appreciate all of your support! Here is Chapter 9, Madelines View on her miscarriage. Although she DOES trust and love God, she does have some doubts. Take a look:)

-Careforbooks!

Chapter 9

(Madeline’s POV)

Madeline sat with her face buried in her hands crying when she heard a creak in the floor. She jerked her head to see a teary-eyed Ethan and Thomas with his head bowed and hands clasped together in front of him.

“I’m so sorry.” Ethan whispered. Madeline jumped out of her chair and walked to Ethan slowly.

“Ethan, what on earth possessed you to turn back to alcohol? You could have turned to me. I know what it feels like. It was my child, too. You could have turned to God. What went wrong, Ethan?” Madeline asked as more tears streamed down her pale cheeks.

“I don’t know, I’m sorry. But, I didn’t drink. I just opened it. That’s all, I promise.” He said with such emotion, it caused Madeline to melt into him. She fell into his arms and felt the warmth of his love as he held her tight and wrapped his arms around her.

She felt a brief pressure on the top of her head from where he had kissed her. “I’m so sorry, sweetheart. It won’t happen again. I promise.” He squeezed her before she let go.

She stepped back and looked up to his face, which had tears down it. He reached down and wiped her tears from her cheeks and gave her a sweet, warm kiss she wasn’t expecting. When their lips parted, Ethan spoke first.

“I love you. More than anything. And I don’t want to lose you just for some bottle. I love you, Madeline.” Madeline smiled and reached her right hand upwards and swiped both of his cheeks fast.

“I love you too. That’s why I don’t want that in this house any longer. Please go get rid of it.” He backed up and nearly ran to the den after hearing her say that.

“Will do.” He came back with all of the beer and the liquor in his hands, grabbed his keys, and kissed Madeline’s cheek. “I’ll be back in a few. I love you.” He said, appointing he wanted an answer back. “Love you too. Hurry back.”

She said lifting her eyebrows and biting her bottom lip while smiling. He smiled. “I will.” Madeline heard the SUV start and pull away. She looked towards her smiling father.

“Thanks, Dad. What did you say for him to change his mind?” She asked as she walked over and hugged her father. After they parted, her father answered.

“I don’t think I even changed his mind. I think he already had his mind made up not to drink. He just wanted to think about what it would do to him if he did drink. But, if he was going to drink, the only one that could have changed his mind is up stairs.”

He pointed to the ceiling. Although their house did have an upstairs, she knew what he meant. God.