Chapter 13

Here is Chapter 13!

Hope you liked 12:)

This is the same "scene" it's just in Ethan's POV.

Enjoy!

God bless!

-Careforbooks!

-------------------------------------------------

Chapter 13

Ethan's POV

“Like Abraham and Sarah. They prayed and prayed and prayed for a son and the one time that God blessed them with one, they didn’t believe Him.”

Madeline laughed. “Well, I sure hope God doesn’t wait until we’re 90 years old to bless us with a son like He did them.”

Ethan laughed at her reference to Abraham and Sarah from the Bible.

“Me too.” Ethan agreed. “I need to go take a quick shower. What do you say we go out somewhere tonight, huh?”

Madeline smiled.

“That sounds great!” She said with enthusiasm. He slipped away and up the stairs to take his shower. He knew he was doing something right by the look on her face. She was so beautiful to him.

As beautiful as she was, he knew her horrible past. And it wasn’t a pretty one either.      Although she wasn’t an alcoholic like him, nor did she ever do drugs, she did battle with other things that are technically “just-as-bad.”

Madeline had spoken to him about her past, but he had told her that he didn’t want her to talk about it anymore, like she had told him. He used her knowledge against her.

What’s in the past is in the past.” He remembered her saying to him, so he had said it to her when she had brought up her past troubles. “Let’s not bring it to the present, shall we?

But tonight, as ugly as it was, he wanted to know the full truth about it and why she had to go through it, as beautiful as she was.

Inside and out.

He thanked God for her every day! He didn’t understand how she couldn’t see it, but he was glad that God had opened her eyes to see her beauty.

But, since he had recently dealt with his old habit, he knew he needed to confront Madeline about hers. He had noticed that she hadn’t been eating much.

He sure didn’t want her to go back to her past. It would be so hard to pull her back out. Maybe it was just an after-effect of the miscarriage, but he was going to find out…

And soon….

-------------------------------------

Hope you enjoyed! :)

Chapter 14 will be up in afew:)

God bless!