Three

The following week was hectic for the family, Niall was off school for a couple of days due to a stomach bug and Louis was stressing with trying to get his grandmother's will sorted, and keep what ever Niall had from spreading to Liam.

“Niall sweetie, I'm just going to put Liam down for his nap, will you be okay?” Louis asked as his son lay across the couch, looking sickly pale.

“Yeah Daddy,” Niall mumbled, not taking his eyes off the cartoons on TV.

“Good boy, the sick bucket's there, so please use it if you need to.” And with that, Louis carried the half asleep Liam upstairs.

When Louis came back down stairs, he almost tripped over the dog who still hadn't been fed yet because it was Harry's turn and said boy had made up excuse after excuse until it was time for him to leave for school.

Louis sighed, “I need a break.” He mumbled. He headed into the kitchen and fed the dog and began heating soup for Niall.

With the pot boiling steadily on the stove, and Rusty eating happily, Louis leaned against the bench and closed his eyes.

Five minutes peace, that's all he was asking for, just five minutes. But no. He very soon heard the unpleasant sound of Niall vomiting into the bucket next to the couch.

Louis sighed before turning the stove off and heading into the lounge. “Hey baby, you alright now?” Louis cooed.

Niall looked up from the bucket with glossy eyes and quivering lip. “Don't like it Daddy.” He whimpered, bursting into tears.

“Shh, it’s okay.” Louis soothed, pulling the seven year old into his arms, “You'll be all better soon I promise.” Louis rocked Niall in his arms gently kissing the top of his head.

~*~

A week later the Will was cleared, and the Tomlinson-Malik’s were officially able to move.

“Harry, can you come down here for a minute?” Zayn called up the stairs to his eldest son. All he got was loud groan in response, but he knew Harry’d come down.

Chuckling, he made his way back to the lounge where the rest of his family was, Liam was showing his new Thomas the Tank Engine sippy-cup to the dog, who was very tolerant of the young boy. And Niall, who was feeling much better, was reading a book to Louis.

Zayn flopped down next to his middle son, just as Harry made an appearance.

“Oh God,” He groaned, “What do you need to talk to us about?” Harry had learned from experience that whenever the whole family was gathered in the lounge like this, there was always an announcement of some sort.

“Harry it’s nice to see your beautiful face for once.” Louis joked, and Harry just rolled his eyes because really, that joke is neither funny nor witty, it was just plain annoying; and unfortunately, Louis was insistent on saying it nearly every time Harry came down.

“Boys, Daddy and I have some wonderful news!” Zayn started as Harry sat down on the floor next to Liam and Rusty.

“As I’ve briefly mentioned before, your great grandmother left her house to us in her Will.” Louis continued, hardly able to contain his excitement. “The Will was cleared yesterday, so guess what boys... We’re moving to Doncaster!”

“Really?” Niall yelled. “Can Rusty come too?” Niall had become quite attached to the dog overtime, not as much as Liam, but he was a pretty close second.

“Of course baby.”

“This is a joke right?” Harry asked coldly, standing up.

“No...” Louis was uncertain as to how Harry would react.