Four

The day seemed to drag on, Louis was in a bad mood which Liam picked up on and that put him in a foul mood too. Zayn had a bad day at work, and Harry was sulking throughout the entire time he was at school; still feeling bad about what he’d said to his parents. Hell even the dog stayed in his bed for the most part of the day.

Niall however, was totally oblivious to everybody’s stroppy behaviour and when Louis came to collect him at three, Niall chatted animatedly all about how fun his day had been.

When school was out, Harry didn’t want to go home, he knew it was cowardly, but he didn’t want to face them just yet.

“Liam put your clothes back on!” Louis groaned.

“No Daddy!” Liam said, crossing his arms over his chest and stomping his little foot. Liam had only just learned to use the big toilet, with help from Louis of course. And it was a ritual of sorts that when he used the toilet his pants and undies came off completely.

Liam was now standing before his father stark naked with a satisfied little grin on his face.

“Liam!” Louis said sternly.

“Daddy.” Liam said mocking his father’s tone.

“If you don’t want a shirt and pants that’s fine, but at least put on your undies.”

“No. Don’t like them.”

“Okay, why don’t we put your little bath robe on?” Louis said, pointing to the Toy Story robe hanging on Liam’s bedroom door.

Liam glanced over at the fluffy garment thinking about it for a few seconds before bolting past his father and down hall yelling, “No! No clothes!”

Louis groaned lightly and chased the toddler down the hall at a slow place, humouring the boy into thinking he was too fast for his Dad. “Liam slow down you’re too fast I can’t keep up!”

Liam only giggled as he came to the stairs. He stopped abruptly and slowly made his way down, holding onto the bars on the side rail, making sure both feet were on the step before descending to the one below the safe way he’d be taught to do it.

Louis waited until Liam on the last two steps before walking down, and when Liam reached the ground he took off again through the living room, and this time Louis ran up behind him and, wrapping his arms around Liam’s pudgy middle, he lifted the boy up and spun him around.

“Gotcha’!” He laughed as Liam giggled happily in his arms.

“You’re funny Daddy,”

“Hey, we have to collect Niall from school now, do you want to get put your robe on?” Louis asked, bouncing Liam around in his eyes.

“See Ni?” Liam asked, a huge grin on his face.

“Yep,” Louis replied, setting Liam down and patting his bare bum.

“Okay Daddy!” Liam ran back towards the stairs. Louis watched as Liam slowly climbed up them, the same way as he’d come down, before smiling to himself and shutting the sleeping dog out in the yard.

For the first ten minutes the drive to Niall’s school went well as Liam sang the word ‘Daddy’ quietly to himself in a few different tunes. But Liam had refused to take his afternoon nap, which in a way was good because he had to grow out of it sometime soon, but he was tired, and as the car ride wore on he grew cranky.

“Daddy want cuddle.” Liam wined.

“Baby I’m driving, wait until we get Ni’s school then I’ll give you a cuddle.” Louis explained softly.