Five

Boxes and boxes filled the Tomlinson-Malik household. ‘Mountains’ of boxes as Liam so accurately put it, full of every thing the family owns.

In the room that was once known as the study, were boxes of things that were no longer needed, ready to be sent away to charity. In Liam’s old play room was the things that no one had use for, and weren’t suitable for the charity stores so they were set to be thrown away.

Everything aside from the furniture was packed up ready to be loaded into the moving truck at eleven.

“Liam wants to keep that.” Louis warned as Harry went to add yet another scruffy stuffed animal passed on from when Niall was younger to the rubbish room.

Harry quirked an eyebrow, “This?”

“If you really want to throw it out, you can deal with the tantrum.” Louis said before walking away to help Zayn pack up the kitchen.

By one O-clock, The family of six (Including the dog) were on their way to Doncaster following the two large moving trucks.

“Can we play I-spy?” Niall questions, fiddling with the little toy car in his hands.

“No. Shut up.” Harry grumbles, leaning his head against the car window. He didn’t want to play I-spy, he wanted to be left alone to sulk in peace.

Harry still wasn’t super thrilled about moving, in fact, he still absolutely despised the idea but what else could he do? He had already said good-bye to all his friends, even the girl he may or may not have been seeing. They decided a long distance relationship wouldn’t work so ended it right there.

Saying good-bye to Nick was definitely the hardest. He and Nick had been friends since before he was even handed over to the social services and he was a friend, perhaps the only friend Harry was determined to keep in contact with.

“Fine.” Niall grumbled, and made a point to drive the car up Harry’s leg.

“Quit it.”

“No.”

“Stop!”

“No.”

“Dad!”

“Niall stop annoying your brother.”

“Ha!” Harry poked his tongue childishly out at Niall.

“Harry!” Niall gasps, “That’s not how good boys behave.” Niall mocks his teachers slight Australian accent.

“Oh shut up!”

“Harry!”

“Niall!”

“Both of you!” Zayn groans, finally loosing patients with the two boys bickering. “Please be quiet, I am trying to focus on driving and I swear to Go- goodness, that if you wake Liam you’ll both be walking the rest of the way.”

“Yes Papa.”

“Whatever.”

Zayn didn’t like to be the strict parent, but someone had to and Louis was making no immediate move to fill the role.

Zayn wasn’t always strict, only when he had to be, usually he was a fun dad but when he can’t focus properly on the road he gets paranoid because if he were to crash the car and a member of his family were injured or even worse, he’d never be able to live with the guilt. It was like an acute fear, the main reason he didn’t like driving long distances. Usually Louis is the one to drive, and he had started off the trip driving, but he began to feel tired so Zayn had to take over.