Sixteen

This chapter has more of Mr. Campbell and you know what that means so just yeah, this is a little more descriptive than the last time so if that makes you uncomfortable you can skip it, there is a single dot that marks the end of it and you can start reading from there if you wanna.

<><><><><><><><><><>

“Harry, come play footie with us at lunch!” Rhys cheered.

Forth period was almost done, only fifteen minutes left until lunch time but Harry tried not to think about it as he focused on his Science teacher droning on and on.

“He can’t, it’s Wednesday and he’s got Maths catch up today remember?” Dru scolded, ever responsible and making sure that everything and everyone was in order.

“Well he can ditch can’t he?” Rhys countered, he did want Harry to play football with them at lunch, but his main reason for that response was due to the fact he loved to wind Dru up, his reactions were quite often very satisfying.

“No he can’t, he needs to catch up. Do you not want him to do well in life?”

“God, must you always jump to the extremes, skipping one lesson won’t deem him a life long job as a rubbish collector.” Rhys smirked at Dru, loving the faint red tint covering his cheeks in frustration.

“I know that but he-”

He,” Harry butts in, finally getting fed up with their bickering about him, “Would just like to concentrate, so please shut up.”

“Yeah, but you keen for footie?” Rhys asks, closing his Science books, there’s now only seven minutes left and he’s done with it.

Harry ponders the question for a second before nodding, he doesn’t mind ditching ‘Maths catch up’ hell, he was planning to anyway he didn’t want to be alone with that man ever again. “Yeah, I’m keen.”

“Um no you are not.” Dru reprimands, “You need to get brainy at Maths.”

“He’s a sixteen year old boy, he needs to live a little.” Rhys replies before Harry gets a chance to.

Harry smiles faintly as Dru and Rhys begin to argue, no longer about Harry but about respect and it is amusing, but there’s only three minutes left until lunch and Harry’s stomach is churning and his palms are beginning to sweat because he’s still terrified of what could happen if Mr. Campbell catches him.

Then the bell chimes and the three meet up with Alex and Colin and head towards the field, but nothing ever goes Harry’s way and he feels his stomach sink to the floor as he hears Mr. Campbell’s familiar voice calling to him.

“Fuck.” Harry mutters, stopping dead in his tracks and turning to face the monster who plagues his thoughts every day and night.

“I told you not to ditch.” Dru whispers in his ear as the group all say their goodbye’s to their curly haired friend and continue their journey to the field.

“Did you forget what day it was?” Mr. Campbell asks, placing a hand on Harry’s shoulder and leading him towards his classroom.

Harry doesn’t respond, he knows Mr. Campbell knows Harry didn’t forget and his whole body begins to tremble as he attempts to slow down his pace because this cannot be happening right now, he can’t let this man take advantage of him again.

“P-Please... I don’t want to.” Harry stammers as Mr. Campbell opens the door to his classroom and attempts to subtly push Harry in.

Mr. Campbell doesn’t respond as he gives a particularly hard shove causing Harry to stumble through the door, Mr. Campbell following him in and locking the door behind them.