Six

A week passed and the family had finally settled in. There was a dog walking park only five minutes down the road that Louis or Zayn would take Niall and Liam to, to walk the dog. Niall was particularly fond of the park, and nobody could quite figure out why, all they knew was that when the words ‘we’re going to park’ were spoken, Niall was more excited than the dog himself.

Harry was slowly warming up to the move, he and Nick would Skype, call, or text every day and he seemed to be taking more of an interest in his brothers.

Yesterday, Harry wanted to find out a little about the neighbourhood and get to know the area a little, and as he’d usually go alone, everyone was surprised when he asked Niall if he wanted to tag along, and of course Niall said yes, he thought the world of his older brother and was slowly beginning to wonder if he didn’t like him any more.

Louis and Zayn had spent most of the week trying to pick out a decent school to send the two oldest boys to. Eventually they decided on the high school Louis had attended before getting expelled and sent to boarding school in Bradford, and a Catholic primary (elementary) school for Niall to attend.

The family weren’t particularly religious, but the school provided a good education and Louis thought that Niall would look absolutely precious in the little tie and blazer for the school uniform.

“Now what about Liam?” Zayn inquired, leaning back against the back of the seat he was sat on next to Louis at the dinner table. Harry was in his room, the bass to his obscene music echoed slightly around the house, Niall was in the lounge watching cartoons and Liam was asleep on the floor next to the dog because they were trying to get him out of the habit of taking afternoon naps. Clearly that plan would only work if Liam was distracted by something or someone, but everyone was busy, so Louis allowed him to sleep.

“What about him?” Louis asks taking a sip of his tea.

“He’s four in a couple of months-”

“Ugh don’t remind me!” Louis interrupts, glancing over his shoulder at the precious bundle curled up on the ground.

Zayn smiles at his husband before continuing, “Anyway... I was thinking we could send him to kindergarten.”

“Why would we do that?” Louis asks, outrage laced in his tone.

“Well I just thought it would be a good opportunity to learn social skills and whatnot.” Zayn replies with a raised eyebrow.

“We never sent Niall to kindy and he’s the most social member of this family. Liam doesn’t doesn’t want to go to a grubby old kindy.”

“You haven’t even sat him down, explained to him what Kindergarten is and then asked if he wants to go.” Zayn responded, a little annoyed at Louis’ desire to coddle Liam.

“Okay, we’ll do that now.” Louis grumbles, twisting in his chair until he’s facing Liam’s sleeping form. “Liam keep sleeping if you don’t want to go to kindy.”

Zayn rolls his eyes and the two sit in silence for ten seconds and Liam doesn’t stir so Louis turns back to face Zayn with a triumphant grin on his face.

“Hmm, looks like he doesn’t want to go. Sorry Z.” Louis then takes the two empty coffee mugs off the table and takes them to the kitchen, indicating that the conversation is finished.

Zayn stand also and rubs his face with his hands, releasing a sigh, “You are such an idiot you know that?”

Louis walks back into the dining room and wraps his arms around the younger man’s waist. “But you love me for it.” He mumbles, gently nibbling on Zayn’s earlobe.